Today's Toronto Fact...Thread (TTF!)

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Fact
The population of the Greater Toronto Area, at around 5.9million, is more than twice that of the US State of Kansas, at 2.7million. No doubt, this fact keeps up Kansas farmers at night, standing a lonely vigil with their scarecrows and their buggies.

Sheesh, that kind of puts our urban sprawl into perspective, doesn't it?

Fact
The population of the Greater Toronto Area, at around 5.9million, is more than twice that of the US State of Kansas, at 2.7million. No doubt, this fact keeps up Kansas farmers at night, standing a lonely vigil with their scarecrows and their buggies.

Ok, if you wanna talk demographics, get Sky in here...he loves this stuff.

ontario_034.jpg

Fact: The name Toronto is likely derived from the Iroquois word tkaronto, meaning "place where trees stand in the water".

Fact: Toronto is approximately 1/5 the area of the U.S. State of Rhode Island

....and I thought it would get through that I was making a joke. ;)

sorry there...:lol:... (I probably missed the irony in that one, now I look stupid: this is turning out not to be my best night on the forum)

So some Rhode Island bashing it is? I'm in! :mrgreen:

pascal

Fact The Eaton Centre attracts the equivilant population of Salt Lake City daily.

PATH is a 27-kilometre network of pedestrian tunnels beneath the office towers of downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

The PATH network's northerly point is the Toronto Coach Terminal at Dundas and Bay Streets, while its southerly point is the Metro Toronto Convention Centre's Convention South Building. Its main axes of walkways generally parallel Yonge Street and Bay Street. According to Guinness World Records, PATH is the largest underground shopping complex in the world with 371,600 square metres of retail space.

Area code 416 is one of the original 86 area codes from 1947, and currently serves the single rate centre of Toronto, Ontario. It has been split twice: the western portion of 416 became area code 519 in 1953, and in 1993 the remaining portion of 416 outside of Metropolitan Toronto (now Toronto) became 905.

Most reactions

Back