Todays trip.

chris82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shutterbugs.myfreeforum.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went for a hike up a mountain to day these are some of the shots I took.What do you think?

(1)The view
theview.jpg

(2)Weathered
oldpost.jpg

(3)Rock formations
history.jpg

(4)B&W
view2.jpg

(5)Reflect
Reflection.jpg

last two shots are my fav's I do like your B&W stuff mate

I like both of the rock photos best. The first one (of the rock formation shots) has lovely color and balance; having the rocks on either side. The B&W is probably my favorite of the bunch, the coast has an afterthought feel to it and I really like that.

Wow Chris, that last shot is amazing! It reminds of a photo that you would see framed and hung in a Cafe.

Thanks Profet,Tangerini and oldnavy,Hey oldnavy?Where you been I missed you on here.

I am still here. I have been busy planning my wedding that is just 4 weeks away so I have less time lately but I will be back full force once its over. :wink:

This is a wonderful series, Chris.
I like them ALL.
Maybe I'd forsake the sky in the first, it was a nice sky but it's real beauty does not show as well in your photo, so you could (by cropping) direct our eyes (or mine in particular?) more towards the typical colour of the Emerald Isle (maybe? ;)). I'd like that! (And I wonder if or if not I have been to the places where you went to on your little outing? Might well be the case!)

I am very, very partial to fence posts myself, so I must like the weathered fence post in your Photo 2.

Composition and colours of your Photo 3 are excellent, I say. That old heather looks so good in the meanwhile kind of low and lovely side light you had for your Photo 3, and I find the "placement" of the two rocks really good. (Of course you could not place them as you wanted in their surroundings, but you could decide how to place them within your frame!).

In the first of the two b&ws I really like the inclusion of the far coast and the power plant (?) in Carrickfergus (??).

The last is quiet, relaxing, well seen and well taken. Pity about his blown-out white hair. You think you can still do something about it?

Thank you very much lafoto.I think maybe you have been to the places I was on my trip and you are correct,that is carrickfergus in the distance.Did you see the black humour in that shot.both rocks formation and power built by man on pleasing to the eye one not one feeds the earth one polutes it.My art luvvie moment!Maybe thats what I should name it.I tried to fix the blown out hair by magnetic lasso then with the shadow/highlight in ps.It helped a bit but not much,and even if I could fix it theres still the problem of that great big tree sticking out of his head :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back