Todd | UPS Man | More Gear!

Oooooooohhhhh...a 70-200 F2.8
Yep! The 70-200!!

You're correct! Which one? Nikon? Tamron? Sigma? Canon?
Man, I was going to guess that! I coulda swore you had one you used on an engagement shoot you posted? Borrowed or rented?

I'll go with Tamron? I just got my Tamron 70-200 2.8 from my UPS guy yesterday and am super pumped to get out an shoot with it! It's a BEAST! It dwarfs my 70-300 4.5-5.6 by a long shot so I'm going to have to learn how to shoot with it..but I can't wait!

I want to say Nikon, but haven't been following your choices. Probably the Tamron?

You bet! I was blown away when I rented it, so I just had to buy it!

Jake

Sweet! I almost posted about getting mine...I actually had a thread started and then felt like I should wait until I have pictures to post...but that might be a while so I'll just join in your celebration! :)

Woohoooo!

Sweet! I almost posted about getting mine...I actually had a thread started and then felt like I should wait until I have pictures to post...but that might be a while so I'll just join in your celebration! :)

Woohoooo!

Yeah it's definitely an impressive lens [emoji5]️

Woohoooo!

Yeah it's definitely an impressive lens [emoji5]️

Don't forget to update your sig! :)

If that were me it would have fallen over the side of the deck!

Congrats, as I said on your Flickr I LOVE my Tami 70-200mm VC, its just a ton of lens for the money.
You will love it too!!!

Enjoy :)

You are not only fortunate, you are a brave, brave man to make your first pictures of that thing from such a precarious place as a deck railing. I would have put that thing on a considerably broader surface, because my luck, I'd knock it clean off that rail before I even got a test shot in!

I have an older version Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 and it has been life-changing, in a purely photographic sort of way. Congratulations! I'm sure you're gonna love it!

You are not only fortunate, you are a brave, brave man to make your first pictures of that thing from such a precarious place as a deck railing. I would have put that thing on a considerably broader surface, because my luck, I'd knock it clean off that rail before I even got a test shot in!

I have an older version Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 and it has been life-changing, in a purely photographic sort of way. Congratulations! I'm sure you're gonna love it!

Oh I already do!

Oh but the build quality isn't to Nikon... Blah blah blah

Oh but the build quality isn't to Nikon... Blah blah blah

I can't image the Nikon is any sharper, especially not $800 sharper. Even at 200 and 2.8 this lens is a beast. It's no longer about who makes it. Not all Nikon's are the best. But I'm sure you already know that--don't you have Tamron's 24-70?

Added an image taken w/ the lens :)

Most reactions

Back