Toddler Photography and Art

Aedai

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was having fun manipulating this image of my daughter :)

Original:
10636412_10201852394311408_509382142855631342_o.jpg

15031286508_56ba6781d2_b.jpg

And here's the actual edit, because this is a photography forum and not a manipulative art forum :p
15031864327_71130ac0df_b.jpg

...thoughts? Edited in Photoshop CS6

"THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" hahhahaa

Why on fire though??? lol

"THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" hahhahaa

Why on fire though??? lol

It started as wings! And then my daughter saw the fire pictures and went "oooh pretty" so yeah. She's the boss ;)

It started as wings! And then my daughter saw the fire pictures and went "oooh pretty" so yeah. She's the boss ;)
LOL, that works. Nicely done.

Looks like the exposure was off, and it probably would have been better framed differently so her hands weren't cropped off. I can see how she would think the bright orange was pretty but otherwise I don't think flames seem to quite go with a young child, lol but probably fun to experiment with.

Pretty good job of separating the hair from the background on the fire shot. Hair is my nemesis in PS. What technique did you use to do that?

Firestarter! (remember that movie?)The edited pic seems to sort of remind me of one of the promo shots from that film.

Pretty good job of separating the hair from the background on the fire shot. Hair is my nemesis in PS. What technique did you use to do that?
I actually didn't separate it, I just added to the background. I hate working with flying hair so I avoid removing the whole background if I can. :p There is a topaz labs remask plugin you can get that I've found works well with hair, or you can redraw it in, which I've done a few times as well.

I'm at it again you guys!
This time I went with a Frozen theme. It's not done yet but it'll probably be weeks before I get around to finishing it (I'm going to add more snowy effects to the castle / ship and probably a snowman and more magical effects, and work on shadowing) But for now I'm happy with it:

15126778918_71dde7ae22_b.jpg

And this is the photograph, edited in Lightroom 5:
15313368765_bd4fcfc4fe_b.jpg

I think the original was too contrasty with the top of her face bright and the bottom dark.
She has that 'dusky' look from both being in the shade and too much contrast.
I suggest you crop to a more standard size and center her in the frame.
Warm it up a bit, I think.

15031864327_71130ac0df_blllll.jpg

Most reactions

Back