ToiBlog14.jpg

ToiBlog20.jpg

ToiBlog31.jpg

ToiBlog35.jpg

ToiBlog46.jpg

ToiBlog55.jpg

ToiBlog56.jpg

There are some LOVELY images here!

1. Exposure, colors, and skin tones look great! I find the background distracting (I wish it were blurred out) and I wish that everyone were looking at the camera. A happier expression from the bride would have been wonderful, too.

2. Again, very nice exposure and colors. I found myself wishing for a little bit more depth of field to get the entire bouquet in focus.

3. I'm not a fan of vignetting and feel that the pic would have benefitted from a tighter crop as well as leveling the camera. I LOVE the composition, though with the groom in front and the rest of the men grouped behind him creating a triangle/pyramid shape!

4. This is an ABSOLUTELY LOVELY photo! Even with the tilted camera and vignetting (I have a personal bias against these particular techniques) I just love this pic. Such a beautiful child and adorable expression! The crooked bow tie and the hand nervously playing with the corner of the ring pillow are priceless.

5. This might be my least favorite. It's his expression and his left arm being cut-off that I don't like. The skin tones and exposure are good, but his face is slightly out of focus... likely motion blur.

6. This another ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL capture! Again, I don't like vignetting, but the composition is beautiful! The child and her expression are priceless and adorable! The exposure is fantastic as are the skin tones, once again. I do wish that the lighting instrument in the upper-right were absent along with ghost light that it's causing, but this shot is still an absolute winner!

7. Great capture. There's a little haloing along the upper edge of her arm and the skin tones have a little yellow in them, but the moment and composition are fantastic!

8. Nicely exposed. Interesting subject. I don't have much else to say about this one. It just doesn't jump out at me like some of the others have.

9. Beautiful. Great exposure, colors, and skin tones. The moment is great as they truly look like a young couple in love.

10. I find myself wishing that this was framed so that she was on the right third and the bouquet was on the left third and that the bouquet were in focus. In this one, her skin has a yellow cast to it that's very distracting.

11. Love it! Again, they truly look like a young couple in love and they look so happy! Exposure is fantastic!

12. Great composition, but I wish the carriage was in focus!

And having typed all that I just realized that you didn't ask for C&C, so I hope that my comments aren't out of line. If they are, let me know and I'll edit my post.

1. Agreed!
2. Low light. :) (I shoot alot of ambient, but again I agree)
3. This is a "texture shot".
4. I love this shot too. I'm a sucker for kids.
5. Really? Total moment here. I will totally confess to not getting the composition right, but it was one of those total random moments. Dad looks pissed....Bride is giddy. I love this photo!
6. Probably my personal emotional photo of all time. I just really like this one. But I agree that the videographers light is a total distraction. Again, it was a random moment. Dang, I wish I could yell out, "Hey Video guy, I've got a special moment here! Work with me!"
7. Straight out of camera. No work done on this one. Perhaps that is why it shows a bit yellow. I agree.
10. Working in ambient again....which in such a moody room leaves me shooting (on memeory) about 1600, 1.8, 125-200. I agree though. I wish I could have dialed in quicker.
12. I agree again. Again wishing that I was quicker dialing in, but things happen so fast!

No of course I don't mind you giving feedback. I totally welcome it, and agree with you on many points. I "grow" on the feedback I get from others, so please feel free to do that with any of my posts!

I started out on this website, and the reviews and feedback has made me learn something each and every time. Ok, there are some flakes around...but when the crit is good, like yours was, I learn alot. Sometimes you are agreeing with what I "feel". Even if it's negative. I agree with most of what you said.
So thank you! I appreciate the time you took out of your day to help me get better.

I love the shot of the father and daughter!

Thanks! The other crit was so dead on that I though I was just emotionally attached and that the photo didn't "transfer". So I'm super happy you like it!

5. Really? Total moment here. I will totally confess to not getting the composition right, but it was one of those total random moments. Dad looks pissed....Bride is giddy. I love this photo!

Thanks! The other crit was so dead on that I though I was just emotionally attached and that the photo didn't "transfer". So I'm super happy you like it!

My dislike for his expression was solely based my mistaken assumption that it was the bride and GROOM! As soon as you pointed out that it was her father, that totally changed the context of the image.

In the context of father/daughter, I love the moment! It literally made me laugh out loud! I still wish his arm wasn't cut off and that his face weren't suffering from motion blur.

And, I totally hear what you're saying about wishing you could dial in faster! I can't count the number of times I've looked at a photo I shot and wished that I'd been faster with the settings! It's those missed moments that challenge me and keep me striving to improve so that I can nail it next time...

Yeah, really right! (I love talking to people who do this full time...or at least a lot...you guys get me!)

They were releasing doves at the same time that Dad and Daughter walked in, that I totally had to zoom back into the bride's arrival. (at 200 mm no les) I had better composed shots, but not on this "moment". That unfortunately was the best I had on that one. He's some football pro guy, and believe me, he looked scary! I saw that shot and just loved it. I've entered it into a few contests in the past, and didn't place, so like you said, the comp most likely killed it, or again, perhaps in that single shot, out of context was viewed as the B&G. I totally get it now. Again, thanks!

Yeah, things happen so fast at weddings! They are inside, outside, in darkness, then blasting spotlights! The videographer is ambient, and then bing, they are blasting me with the light of 1000 suns! It's crazy! I try to warn new wedding photogs all the time, but it's one of those things you just have to experience. :) I know you know what I'm saying.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back