Tokina 100mm 2.8 Macro

IronMaskDuval

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, does anybody own this lens? I think that base ring is a manual aperture ring, right? I just bought one for my A7. Just wondering before I get it. It's a Nikon mount so I put it in here.

Tokina-100mm-f-2.8-AT-X-M100-AF-for-Nikon.jpg

Never mind. I answered my own question.

Okay, so maybe I didn't answer my question. Well, this is all F'ed up. It seems like everywhere online that sells this lens has both images, one with and one without the aperture control ring. Hell, which is it!!!! ah!!!!!

Okay, so maybe I didn't answer my question. Well, this is all F'ed up. It seems like everywhere online that sells this lens has both images, one with and one without the aperture control ring. Hell, which is it!!!! ah!!!!!
Yours is missing the aperture ring. The aperture ring is adjacent to the mount. The rubber grippy ring does not move, and is merely for handling/mounting the lens.

@Designer , from what I found out, many merchants do not know that this lens has two versions. If you look at the big merchants, they actually use photos of both versions for the one listing, and the two versions share the same mfg number. I just got mine in today, and it is the version with the aperture ring. So happy.

As its a Tokina lens chances are that the Aperture ring is present only on the Nikon mount and that the Canon or other mounts don't require the aperture ring. That would be my guess as to why you can find two pictures that are different for a lens with the same internal optics.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back