Tokina 11-16 Backorder

j-digg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone know a good place to order this thing from? The Tokina 11-16 2.8 seems to be on backorder from the bigger sites... You can find them on Amazon, but theyre $100 dollars "overpriced"... which Im assuming is due to the lack of availability on the web. Also if anyone has ordered and received one from Adorama / B&H is there an expected timeframe of shipment? I think I may put in an order with my C.C. but dont want really want it to be billed ( it bills as it becomes available and is shipped, not at the time of order ) at the same time as an upcoming vacation.

That lens has been on perpetual backorder since it was released two years ago. Occasionally you'll find it in stock at the bigger names. Just keep looking every day and order it when you see it's back in stock.

Adorama, B&H, J&R, Cameta...all good sites to order camera gear from. The Canon mount is out of stock on all of those except Cameta, where it's $10 more than normal. It's way overpriced on Amazon.

You can select for B&H to notify you via e-mail when they get it in stock. It'll give you a heads up before the people who just check in from time to time.

Ah yes, I forgot to include that Im looking for the Canon mount.... Cameta has it listed at $709, which is $110 more than the others :confused:

You can select for B&H to notify you via e-mail when they get it in stock. It'll give you a heads up before the people who just check in from time to time.

A quick note on that: I've signed up for the email notification on B&H before, but decided to keep checking in a couple times a day anyway. I got the notification, but it was long after it was labeled as "in stock" on their website. Don't rely solely on the email notification.

Ah yes, I forgot to include that Im looking for the Canon mount.... Cameta has it listed at $709, which is $110 more than the others :confused:

Oops sorry, my math was a little off. :lol:

Ahh, thanks for the tip..

Its all good, you got me all excited though! Hah.

I just spent a week with that lens...I rented it, now i want to buy it...;)

Most reactions

Back