Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 for Nikon and D7000?

jaycar85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a chance to buy a tokina 11-16 at a price i think is good(275) im new to photography please let me know if this is a fair price. The problem lies in the fact that she said it is the first lens, and she informed me she has heard of AF issues with the D7000. Tried to do some research, and didnt come up with a lot. Can any one shed some light on the issue, any one with first hand experience?

The first version of this lens will focus with a d7000. I have this exact lens and a d7000. They work great together.

Maybe they are thinking of the baby Nikons that don't have focus motors. The 2nd version will focus with any Nikon. The first will only focus with cameras with a focus motor. But the d7000 has an in body focus motor so you're fine either way.

This is a great price if the lens is in good condition. Normally it's around $400.

A lot of people on this forum have that lens. I have it myself and a D7000.
I rarely see a negative comment about the lens other than when using a filter you may get vignetting, until you learn better :)
When i see this lens sold by a member, it is usually because they have found other lenses to suit them better, not because of the lens being 'bad'

I had the first version 12-24 f/4 that I used on my D7000 and absolutely loved it. Focused fast and the image quality was excellent. Very very sharp. Its a good lens once you get use to the focus clutch thing.

I have the pair and they are a great combination! I would jump at that deal.

Still amazes me how small this lens is given that it's an ultra wide angle zoom that goes to f/2.8. It's the same size as f/5.6 lenses in the same class. It's not small compared to a 50mm prime, but for what it is, it amazes me.

Most reactions

Back