Tokina zoom lense stuck???

That's strange. Have you tried turning it with the lens off the camera?

Anyway did you buy it new? If so it should come with all the necessary paperwork telling you what to do in this situation. If not, then whether or not you are likely to find someone to repair it for you (and whether it would be worth the cost of doing so) depends on the lens in question, so... what is it? :)

is it a push-pull zoom lens? is it locked?

you may think these are stupid questions, but when people used my 35-70 f/2.8, they didn't know how to use it becuase it was a push-pull.

Have you tried a fine adjustment with a hammer?

Sw1tch, where have you been?

Have you tried a fine adjustment with a hammer?

lol, I think that's called 'the appliance of science'! :lmao:

I had a Minolta Dimage 5 that had a similar problem, the zoom wouldn't work from the camera but it could be pushed/pulled manually (don't think you should've been able to do that though!). I carefully took it apart, and found that a plastic ring inside the mechanism had snapped, it could be something similar's happened to yours.

Sw1tch, where have you been?

Been busy! I'm going to be here in So. Oregon for about a month and my internet access has been reduced to dialup, so when I do get a chance to log on, it's not for long.

Been shooting alot, and i'll eventually post up my images of the Rogue Valley.

Dialup? You must be in the wilderness!:mrgreen:

Been busy! I'm going to be here in So. Oregon for about a month and my internet access has been reduced to dialup, so when I do get a chance to log on, it's not for long.

Been shooting alot, and i'll eventually post up my images of the Rogue Valley.

Most reactions

Back