Tokyo in 72 hours (C&C Welcome)

RONDAL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I just got back from an almost overwhelming experiance. 14 days ago my coworker found a seat sale to Tokyo for $400 so that he could go for a meeting. After a lunchtime discussion a group of us in the office decided to attend as well as make a trip out of it.

40 hours of travel time later thanks to a Russian Volcano which forced us to refuel and stay the night in Hawaii (as well as miss our meeting), we finally arrived.

For those that have never been, Tokyo is an assault on all your senses.....and not in a bad way. Everything is just so fast, so different, and so immense.

I took with me my Nikon D90 and 18-200mm, 50mm and 10-20mm lenses, plus 30GB of memory.....

I am still busy editing my photos. I took a lot in 72 hours.
It's amazing what only 8 hours sleep in Japan can allow you to acheive.

The full set (over 120 photos already) can be viewed here ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/3144170...7620273078307/ ) , and will continue to be updated as I finish editing the photos. Still have to do the Imperial Palace as well as Electric Town and the area known as Harajuku where kids dress up like anime and cos-play characters.

Enjoy.

I realize there are a lot of shots so C&C is not necessary if you don't want to. This is more me sharing.

This is Tokyo through my eyes.

3655104178_746c062dea_b.jpg

3654312931_df1dbb92bd_b.jpg

3655112914_d2a04484b8_b.jpg

3654325257_275c625464_b.jpg

3654335345_3e63294c69_b.jpg

3655016899_288f858609_b.jpg

3656467252_bedc3c6ec0_b.jpg

3656461224_c538982c8d_b.jpg

3655664929_46d65c2d69_b.jpg

The first one is the only one that really catches my attention. The single point perspective and receding lines is why I think. Everything else feels like a snapshot.

interesting documentary pictures.. i'll take a look through your linked album when i get a moment.
great to see these, thanks for sharing

wow cool. i love #1. its cool you went an see the imperial palace. did an architectural mini model of it in school. Never seen the building with my own eyes tho.

cool shots, thanks for sharing!

Nice series. I think the first two really capture the hustle and bustle of the city. My favorite however is the 7th shot, even though the building is centered, I like the reflection in the water and the angle\point of the wall. It might be better with a tiny bit more contrast though. And i can really get a feel for an open fish market in 4 thru 6. I also like the colors in 4 & 6, the reds of the fish and the blue crates and palette really just jump out.

Great photos. Really diggin the first one.

I really find the shot of the girls in the dresses amusing - I'm wondering if this is their every day way of dressing or if they are part of a "show" somewhere. What I really find cool about this shot though is how the surrounding crowd of people seem to be oblivious to how the girls are dressed :lol: no stares, nothing... I think this is a good example of street photography.

pic with the girl is awsome. love the composition. it really gives a good sense of the atmosphere and, like Dagwood56 said, a great example of street photography.

Love the series. Well done. I too like the shot of the girls and also the look from above at the busy intersection. It gives a good perspective on life there.

I really find the shot of the girls in the dresses amusing - I'm wondering if this is their every day way of dressing or if they are part of a "show" somewhere. What I really find cool about this shot though is how the surrounding crowd of people seem to be oblivious to how the girls are dressed :lol: no stares, nothing... I think this is a good example of street photography.

The girls in question are in harajuku. This area on a Sunday is filled with young people who dress up like cos-play and anime characters, that is why no one is staring at them (except the white guy behind the lens). They all do it, its part of the fun of the area and why we went and saw it. If you go into my photostream you will see a few more people in funky outfits.
Apparently because when we went it was lightly raining, we only got a mild taste of the amount people dress up. The real people stayed home because of the rain. usually on a sunday it is just swarming with people in crazy outfits.

Most reactions

Back