Tom B; a simple portrait

Not much to critique. I'll echo the comments about separation between the background and the suit. A nice suit is all about the fit and the shape it creates for a man's silhouette, and I think the suit needs a bit more separation from the background so that it's shape and fit can be seen a bit more.

Beautifully done.

I usually notice things like the tie but I think I was looking at his face and eyes, it's a wonderful capture of his personality. I feel like there's a little gleam in his eyes and a hint of a smile under the surface.

And the pin being a maple leaf, yeah I'm sure it's part of the portrait and meant to be noticed.
Thanks and yes, definitely a gleam in his eye!

I hope to still be breathing when I'm 85. My looks were never good anyway.
Nice as always my Canadian brother
Me too!!!!

Well I see that the tie is twisted, his pinky on his right hand is stuck out there by itself and I think there are a couple of fly-away hairs that are out of place...... NOT!!!

Looks good to me. Simple setup. The only thing that I would say is it would be nice to have a kiss of light on the shoulders to separate him, but it's not a deal breaker.
Thanks Ron!

Not much to critique. I'll echo the comments about separation between the background and the suit. A nice suit is all about the fit and the shape it creates for a man's silhouette, and I think the suit needs a bit more separation from the background so that it's shape and fit can be seen a bit more.
Hmmm... maybe I'm going to have go back and revisit that processing... Thanks Dan!

Most reactions

Back