Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Wierd thing.. I replied to this, and it says I replied to this, but I am missing. Hm....
Anyways..I will try again . I think this is a brilliant shot. I love the capture and see what you see. Very well done.

I actually really like this shot. I like the level of anonymity about it. You can't see the soldiers face and that's somehow heightened by the non-descript sky behind (in front of?) him.

As for politics, I'm having a hard time seeing how this could be construed as any kind of political statement. It's an interesting perspective on your surroundings - I think it's time to remind people that you live in DC, shots like this are probably inescapable in America's capital!

I saw GUARDS in your another topic.....I like so much

But here , I think this is the best portrait I ever saw....no!!! must be the best photo I ever saw in this year !

I really like it, alot.

You know me, I have railed on people in the past here for exploiting political views, but the beauty of your posts is that you simply put the image up and let the politics go elsewhere. It is increadibly hard to avoid it where you are in the world.

I don't see a political issue here at all either. If I did I would have said something about it.

All I can say is great shot ;) Keep it up :D

Great photo John...really spiritual...nice one...hehe dont please let other people stop you posting, your photos really do inspire me...

im not gonna stop posting, i was just caught up in a moment of frustration. it irritates the heck out of me when people start to assume that i'm conveying a message in an image, especially when i haven't indicated such. generally, if i have something to say, i'll say it.

thanks all for your comments.

JonMikal said:
im not gonna stop posting, i was just caught up in a moment of frustration. it irritates the heck out of me when people start to assume that i'm conveying a message in an image, especially when i haven't indicated such. generally, if i have something to say, i'll say it.

thanks all for your comments.

DONT LISTEN to them...keep posting, more!

The concept about this photo, (as far as politics goes) is that any side could view it and use it.
The poster said do you want war or peace.
One could view this as a compliment, for wouldnt the photo work well for either stance?

Artemis said:
A mixutre of nutrients in the ground and sunlight which creates a process known as Photosynthesis?
Why, what makes your grass grow?
You dear sir are not a marine.

BLOOD makes the grass grow.

mpdc said:
You dear sir are not a marine.

BLOOD makes the grass grow.

I am not a marine, but I do do science, and I know that Blood does not grow grass and that any link of the two is some poor try at being poetic...

brilliant shot jonmikal! i love the sharpness of it against the white background, could'nt have been better if you had staged it, great job!!!

Wonderful wonderful shot JM. I can't help but think of my son right now. Thank you for the beautiful image!

man, where did this come from...i think i remember this, not sure though :)

thanks Cindy and dalebe...appreciate the kind remarks.

Most reactions

Back