Tongue Love (Very large photo)

Harmony

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Better viewed LARGE - her eyes are gorgeous.

3143516576_178c49fed2_b.jpg

I really was hoping to see a different picture here...

What, Thorhammer?
Something that would NOT go with your "friendly family-forum"? :wink: :wink: :wink:

I clicked on the image, and they eyes are, indeed, gorgeous!
What does he/she love best, why is he/she licking her mouth, in expectation of what?

I like the shot but it seems dark and a bit undersaturated? Like I can't really even see the eyes that well.

Chris: yes, on second glance it looks like it to me. Definitely will be experimenting with it some more, thanks.

Thorhammer: but it made you click the title, right? :lol:

Corinna: She's my family friend's dog, almost 13 years old and nearing the end of her life, but she's been a fixture in their house for as long as I've known them. I think her ears are awesome - they feel exactly like spun silk. SOOOOOOOOOO soft. She had just come back from a romp and chomp in the snow.

well that's artistic for me..

it just makes me smile. and that in its own makes it a good picture even though its a tad dark for my likeing

The edit: (I think this shows off her eyes even better. View large, please!)

3151979114_4790b4a698_b.jpg

Wow. That's a very neat angle.

Oh yeah! Bonzo! Way better!

BTW, take one more step and do a slight sharpening pass on it and I think it would REALLY pop. Like maybe 60-70% .6 pixels. Threshold 2-3 if you're using unsharp mask.

.... Whoa. Greek to me. I got the 'unsharp mask' part, though!

Oh, wow! POP is right! (What exactly does it do, anyways?)

3151387101_97ce499a55_b.jpg

Wow, that turned out better by bunches! I love the detail!

Nice! Looks like you could have even gone a bit heavier handed with it than that and gotten away with it.

Sharpening basically helps define the edges of objects in the picture. You have to be careful with it, though, because if you go too far it can have some horrifyingly bad effects... and if you go too far but not so far as to be blatantly obvious, you can wind up with halos around objects.

Nearly ALL digital cameras require some sharpening in post processing. It's a result of a necessary process to convert an image into X by Y dots. They put a physical antialiasing filter over the sensor that basically blurs the image ever so slightly in order to smooth the transition in color from one pixel on the sensor to another.

Most reactions

Back