Too Dark??

cillie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.prophotography.co.za
DSC00620.JPG

Do you think it's too dark? I did under expose the photo to get the attention on the clouds.

It looks better if you crop away the left half of the picture, but maybe you find that would butcher the picture too much?

hope u dont mind: this is extremely quick and could use some touch-up. i adjusted the curves and rotated it a bit and after reviewing it, urs may be better :wink:

With your lighter version, I see what you meant when you decided for the dark one as to focus on the clouds much rather than the castle: the sky in the lighter one is very blown out.
On my monitor (have I EVER said before that it is old and ... not good ... [I'm all for the euphemisms this morning]) everything that is dark is TOO dark. But I know that that is my monitor.

As to JonMikal's version: it has some thrilling element. More than the original does, I can't deny that!
I wish I knew only HALF as much as you guys know about PhotoShop... but most of the time I'm way too lazy to even try things out... :roll:

I really like the comp of this, and the lighting on the right side, but, yes, the left side is too dark. In the lighter version, clouds very blown out and I think it looses the feeling

I agree it's really dark. It also looks tilted to me...anyone else think so?

It's a great shot, indeed, but it is a touch too dark. Only way I personally would be able to overcome that problem would have been to take 2 pictures, 1 for the clouds, and the second for the castle, then PS them together to get the best of both worlds.

I'm sure there's other methods to overcome this, but that's just how I'd deal with it. Regardless, I like it!

Most reactions

Back