too dark?

youyesyou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
green_flower.jpg

is this too dark? or just right? the thing that also concerns me is the highlight in the middle of the flower seems a bit blown out. what do you think?

this challenges me. i had to like it, love it, then hate it. i love it.

i'd be sooooo much less concerned about the center of the flower than i would be about the hotspot to the right of the flower. if i were you, i'd post this in the 'critique' gallery if you want additional comments. since you posted it here, i respect that you want only your question(s) answered.

- no, not too dark.
- hot spot - see above.

Well done!!! Very beautiful and surreal. Judging contrast and detail is a gyp over the internet . Everyone's monitor is different. The true test is the print or try using photoshop's info palette.

Yeah, the center of it is a concern for me too. I'm gonna go back and rework the crop i made a bit. I just got tied up with homework and left it as is for now.

Edit: Er...nevermind. I read what you said wrong. Either way, yeah, I'm going to try to center the flower a little more.

Great link. Hopefully everyone has passed the monitor test. I am still a firm believer in toning in the print not the monitor. I must say that it took days for me to get WYSIWYG off the Epson printer.

youyesyou said:
actually, now that i think about it, this is better suited tof the critique forum. i'll put it there too.

good call. if i were you, i'd delete this post before someone gives you sh*t for apparent double posting ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back