Too much editing?

bluemary

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was wondering if too much editing makes a picture look unprofessional and more like a snapshot and fooling around with a already-on-computer-editing-program.
I took a picture of Paris lately and edited it this afternoon. I did edit it all with thinking about it but it still looks as if I was just playing.
Take a look at it yourself:
http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs31/f/2008/230/5/c/Paris_II_by_mollymelone.jpg

So, what do you think? Should I rather keep it "cleaner" or should I keep trying to get an atmosphere with some editing?

Could work if you're going for the post-apocalyptic type shot.

It's a bit much, there's little detail in the highlights and shadows, it's too harsh and processed for my taste.

You know, I would normally refer to this type of stuff as gaudy, overprocessed junk but here I think it works - very well.

May I ask where it was taken from?

Thank you! Also for the critique!

It's taken from the Montparnasse tower, it's a 57 stories high skyscraper. If you get a chance to go there, don't miss it!

Ahh Montparnasse! I went and saw that view from there when I was a kid without a camera, but haven't been to Paris since. Next time, a panorama is definitely on! ;)

Depends on what look you're going for, doesn't look like a snapshot though lol. I quite lke it, nice effect to it.

Thank you for the critique (pro and con).
It was taken on Tour Montparnasse and I wish I could be there (again) too.

I tend to overprocess it in order to get a special atmosphere. So I usually don't see if something is really just way over-edited and I'm really glad if I get some feedback from people who are "normal" (you know, editing-wise). So thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back