Too much white hair

Andie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm still learning photoshop so I know there has to be a way to fix this. I like this picture, but on the top of his head the white hair just sort of loses definition and so bright. Any suggestions?

geno.jpg

Unless you are shooting RAW, there is no way to recover highlight detail that is lost. This is why exposure is so important with digital.

Even with RAW, there is only a tiny amount of detail that can be recovered. This one is gone I'm afraid.

The original of this picture was shot in Raw (.PEF) format. Is there some way to edit a photo in raw format in Photoshop 7?

Guess I need to just work with the camera settings to get it taken care of on the front end. Still figuring out my new camera :)

Thanks!

Photoshop 7 does not handle raw files. Use the software that came with your camera. There should be some kind of exposure tab. You might be able to get some detail back, but it looks pretty blown. With digital, you need to expose for the highlights, so keep that in mind.

ckrieg said:
I spent 13 seconds on it in photoshop using the burn tool and the clone stamp...

http://imageshack.us

Hey! Thanks that looks better... I just can't wait till Photoshop class.. I need a kick start on it to figure out what all you can do with it.

I was going to mention the clone tool but ckrieg did it already....:cheers:

Most reactions

Back