Too soft?

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
I retained sharpness on the eyelashes, but I think the rest of it might be too soft. Ya think? :scratch:

_MG_0893_edited.jpg

Wow, what a feeling I get from this one!

The softness is a tough call for me. I like it as it is, but a little less soft may help a little. I'd probably have to see some sidy-by-side comparisons to really know for sure. There is a good chance that less softness may actually cause you to lose something in this shot.

I like it, it almost reminds me of an ultrasound photo for some reason. I love that the lashes are so prominent and I think that's what makes the softness work in this one.

it reminds me of the end of 2001: a space odyssey. i like it!! like i said before i think the low contrast really works well here.

md

Wow. No, I don't think it's too soft. And it may indeed be a tad flat in contrast, but like Matt just said, somehow it works just fine here. The angle is amazing, the sharp outline of the lashes is beautiful.

Great shot, John! :thumbup: I can't stop looking at it.

at first glance, I wasn't sure what I was looking at. it has that abstract look to it. very interesting and nicely done.

AlisonS said:
I like it, it almost reminds me of an ultrasound photo for some reason.

That's what I thought right away. :D But I do really like it. I have not yet decided weather I would like it better less soft. :scratch:

I really think this is an amazing shot! On the line of the ultrasound, I actually felt like I was inside the womb with a baby with unusually long eye lashes.

If you were to change it, I would love to see side by side to compare, maybe a tad bit less soft...but this is really a great shot!

WEll done!! :thumbup:

Love the perspective and composition. And I think the softness works a treat. Well done!

^ I think that the fact that the contrast is in the sharpness andsoftness rather than the colour tones works really well for this photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back