Too Young to start?

Emma14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sexy-sparky44.piczo.com
I'm only 14, But im really in to photography. I'm getting a new camera for christmas- so from then i'm just going to be experimenting i really want to learn alot here. i have taken a few photos of hamsters so far. Some views of my hometown too. Should i keep going with what im doing so i have some information on taking photos in my head for when i come to pick my GCSE's

you're definately not too young!

errm, how can be too young to take photos? ;)..
welcome anyway :)

No such thing as too young in this game! I only got into photography year or so ago at the age of 20 and wish I had started a lot earlier as I've probably missed millions of photo opportunities. (Trying to make up for it now though :))

Wish I had taken photography at GCSE or A Level too, think I might even go back to college some day and do it.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I don't know how you would do photography in GCSE (possibly in art/design like you said) but I took an A-level in Photography, and if that's an option for you then I definitely recommend taking it. There's relatively little 'work' involved so it might be possible to do it in addition to the full complement of more academic subjects (and this handily avoids the inevitable accusations of choosing it as a doss subject!)

Most of the time was spent in the darkroom, processing film and making black and white prints - school or college can offer a (now fairly rare) opportunity to work in an actual darkroom instead of a converted bathroom etc.
Of course in the very few years since I did it, it may have been decided that digital is the way to go and the darkrooms all been replaced by PCs. Either way, it's a great opportunity to learn and to practice.

just to prove you aren't too young my son is three and he has a digital camera already! It's the indestructable Fisher Price one! He loves it.

Earlier the better :) wish I had started around your age as now I'd probally be awsome! :D

Not too young at all! I'm 14 myself, and I'm already addicted.

I started with an early 1970 Pentax at the age of 12 or 13 - and haven't turned back. The extra bonus, is with school your projects are generally - well - a little more classy, when you have your own photos instead of thumbnail size ones taken off the net and upsized 500x for a presentation. :) Welcome to TPF

Great :) Good to know theres someone 14 on here too, My friend is also intrested in it so one day we are going to partner up to get some shops of stuff. just learning atm i hope that i can carry on with this in the furture since im at a early age rady to start :D

I've been taking pics since I was about 10, got my first SLR when I was about 19 and have only just got a DSLR. Photography is one of those things you just get better and better at so the younger you start the better you will be !

Know what camera you are getting for Xmas?

I'm not sure if its going to be hi-tech like all the ones i have seen on this site. But it'll be a start for me - its £149 Samsung Didgimax S600 Digital Cam.
Heard of it anyone? Is it any good??

Most reactions

Back