Too Young to start?

xfloggingkylex said:
The real reason I am posting isn't to say exactly what everyone else has said, but to bring up something you said. You mentioned the camera you are looking at has "all the fancy optical and digital zoom..." Just a heads up, you dont really want optical zoom.
That is exactly what I said. :lol: (well actually I said it's digital zoom you don't want, which I guess is what you meant). Worth saying again though, in fact worth saying until they stop advertising "digital zoom" as if it means anything.

ZaphodB said:
That is exactly what I said. :lol: (well actually I said it's digital zoom you don't want, which I guess is what you meant). Worth saying again though, in fact worth saying until they stop advertising "digital zoom" as if it means anything.

haha, thanks, I just edited it to prevent further confusion.

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but there is an age where you are too young to get into photography: if you haven't been born yet, you are too young. But since that doesn't apply to you... ;)

If you're starting this at 14, and you are already noticing things you'd like to capture while you wait for your camera, then I can't wait until you get it, and start posting what you capture in the general gallery. Just don't be afraid to shoot anything. My favorite picture I ever took was from the back of a tour bus in St. Petersburg, Russia. We were rounding a corner, turning the opposite direction of a street that ended in rubble. Because of the tinted glass I was shooting through, I never thought the photo would look very good. Boy, was I wrong: the tint to the glass actually helped the mood. As I said, it's my favorite I've taken, and I was 16 at the time, shooting with a Canon A-1 that was older than me. Ah, good times.

Gotta warn you, though, once you get hooked, you'll be addicted for life*. :lmao::lmao:

*Claim based on personal experience, and that of others known by the writer of this post.

Most reactions

Back