Toofpastes **OFFICIAL** Rant Thread

Huh, and i hate 19 year olds ...

Mister Leary! :irked:
My son's that age! :grumpy:

Two persons say they hate a certain age, and both hit on the ages my two children have! Tsk!

:wink:

And hey, my son's not what you imply in your addition (which I did not quote). So there :greenpbl:

Huh, and i hate 19 year olds who think there the ****.

/rant as well.

I also hate when people double post a lot.

I think anyone under 25 should come with a remote so ya can shut them off. :lmao::lmao:

Kiddin...before you get your Sheeit in a knot. :grumpy:

Mister Leary! :irked:
My son's that age! :grumpy:

Two persons say they hate a certain age, and both hit on the ages my two children have! Tsk!

:wink:

And hey, my son's not what you imply in your addition (which I did not quote). So there :greenpbl:

LearIE no y ;)

and no, i was implying to your son, but rather someone else. :D

Terri! :shock:

Ok - rant-time!!! :irked:
I hate it when my co-mod and forum admin Terri says she (too) hates all 15-year-olds, or thinks they "suck", when my dear daughter, my favourite model, my "baby", is EXACTLY that age!!! :grumpy:

Right. End of rant.

And hey. Terri :hugs:, you know I did not mean any of what I said, eh? :hug::
Corinna: Your children are proof positive there are exceptions to just about everything..... :hug::

My own kid was intolerable at 15. :lol: He knew it, too.

Ok, I'll try to be as brief as possible.

I enjoyed bidding, buying a few things on Ebay. Not expensive Items but Modems,Software computer Parts to upgrade my Internet connection and...

There are just bad ebayers...sorry it happened to you, but sometimes it just happens. Make sure you check http://toolhaus.org before buying. It's an easy tool that displays only neutral and negative ratings, for the complete history of the seller.

The other thing is, 96% is extremely low on ebay, and I wouldn't recommend going with anyone under 98.8 or so. You're setting yourself up for trouble!

On a related note, I wish you'd said something a few weeks ago, I just threw out a compatable motherboard before my recent move!

Kids on the net is where it comes from. it's a misunderstanding of spoken terms and translating it to text as it sounds I.E. "Would've" to "Would of"

I have an example for you... this was said by someone else on one of the other sites I am on,

"there is a few other game peaces out there too but the pics weren't that grate so i didnt bother posting them up."

OK.
Ms Terri and Mr Learie (sorry 'bout the y, but I was close, wasn't I?) are forgiven, Mr Learie more so even because he's only 15 himself and --- hm --- quite tolerable :)wink: :wink: :wink: ). He saves cygnets and thus gets his photo into the paper, which is quite something. My 15-year-old here at home swims competitions and gets her photo in the paper. Also tolerable. And my 19-year-old just left high school being among the 15 best of his leaving group, so that's ok, too.

So what could I possible rant about?
I'm in the wrong thread, or so it seems! :shock:

I have an example for you... this was said by someone else on one of the other sites I am on,

"there is a few other game peaces out there too but the pics weren't that grate so i didnt bother posting them up."

Ouch....I'll admit pieces and great are tremendous tripping points for me in spelling but that one is just um.....elementry school lesson failure, out of curiousity what was the forum for?

I'm an admin on a site that is a magnet for young school kids but I don't see that from them often enough to remember it.

English spelling is tricky as it is, and it is surprising how well those who learned it as a foreign language are able to spot all those little mistakes such as "they're" "their" "there" in their various (wrong) places, or said "peace" as opposed to "piece" (and believe me, even I still have to stop and think for a second when it comes to these two words!), or "sight" "site" and (to) "cite", for example.

But then I re-read posts of mine and stumble across some nasty typos and I think to myself, oh dear, you ought to have known better ... and I know better, only did I type fast and ... made a mistake.

A little poem for all:

[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+2]A nice slice of English advice with no malice[/SIZE]

Worm and storm, chaise, chaos, chair,
Senator, spectator, mayor.
Tour, but our and succour, four.
Gas, alas, and Arkansas.
Sea, idea, Korea, area,
Psalm, Maria, but malaria.
Youth, south, southern, cleanse and clean.
Doctrine, turpentine, marine.

Compare alien with Italian,
Dandelion and battalion.
Sally with ally, yea, ye,
Eye, I, ay, aye, whey, and key.
Say aver, but ever, fever,
Neither, leisure, skein, deceiver.
Heron, granary, canary.
Crevice and device and aerie.

Face, but preface, not efface.
Phlegm, phlegmatic, ass, glass, bass.
Large, but target, gin, give, verging,
Ought, out, joust and scour, scourging.
Ear, but earn and wear and tear
Do not rhyme with here but ere.
Seven is right, but so is even,
Hyphen, roughen, nephew Stephen,
Monkey, donkey, Turk and jerk,
Ask, grasp, wasp, and cork and work.

Pronunciation -- think of Psyche!
Is a paling stout and spikey?
Won't it make you lose your wits,
Writing groats and saying grits?
It's a dark abyss or tunnel:
Strewn with stones, stowed, solace, gunwale,
Islington and Isle of Wight,
Housewife, verdict and indict.

Finally, which rhymes with enough --
Though, through, plough, or dough, or cough?
Hiccough has the sound of cup.
My advice is to give up!!!

[/SIZE]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back