Took 3 Ribbons in the Fair - and will never do it again..

strange indeed. thanks for posting the imags.

please don't mis-understand, but i have done a lot of judging and i would never suggest you move to the professional class, at least not yet;), but go get them next year.

strange indeed. thanks for posting the imags.

please don't mis-understand, but i have done a lot of judging and i would never suggest you move to the professional class, at least not yet;), but go get them next year.

Welll............. it was a small town fair. - Most of the winning pictures were of ... cows ... :lol:

BTW, nothing manipulated with the photos - with the exception of a little post-processing, they are what they are...

The pics that won?

Sure...

1st place in "Abstract" - This was done by hanging a MagLight from the ceiling by a string and putting the camera on the floor in "Bulb" mode - taped a cover on the light and poked a hole in it - swung the light over the camera for about a 3 minute exposure..

3847655264_92afafdfce_b.jpg

2nd Place in "Action"

3398681766_c51d464858_b.jpg

3rd Place in Black/White Landscapes

3555676462_03d4080dcf_b.jpg

Thanks,
After seeing these, you look like a pro to me.:thumbup:

Congratulations! I really like the B&W entry.

I still dig that motocross photo!!!

Is the second one a composite? I really like it, and it's a fantastic shot. But the way the three riders are separated from the background just looks composited to me. Not saying it is, because it looks great anyway. I think you've posted the last one here before. Is that the one that (I think it was you, anyway) got on the cover of your local phonebook? It's a fantastic shot. Very nice work all around. :)

The photo with the riders was shot with me behind a hay bale, and them coming directly at me from the starting line ... I was just at the beginning of the first hairpin turn and they were jockying for the inside... Some minor post processing, but it's certainly 'as shot'...

Yup, Im' the one with the photo on the Phone Book cover.. it wasn't this one, but I did win that contest and my pic is in about 112,000 homes and businesses on the PMT phone book... :blushing:

Appreciate the kind words....

Wow! They are all great photos, but I really love the first two! Congratulations on your win:) But sorry people were complaining... talk about sore losers:p

yep, cows can be boring.

:lol:

Is the second one a composite? I really like it, and it's a fantastic shot. But the way the three riders are separated from the background just looks composited to me. Not saying it is, because it looks great anyway. I think you've posted the last one here before. Is that the one that (I think it was you, anyway) got on the cover of your local phonebook? It's a fantastic shot. Very nice work all around. :)

The photo with the riders was shot with me behind a hay bale, and them coming directly at me from the starting line ... I was just at the beginning of the first hairpin turn and they were jockying for the inside... Some minor post processing, but it's certainly 'as shot'...

Yup, Im' the one with the photo on the Phone Book cover.. it wasn't this one, but I did win that contest and my pic is in about 112,000 homes and businesses on the PMT phone book... :blushing:

Appreciate the kind words....

I think it's just the riders separation from the background that gives it that feel. I used to read atv/dirtbike magazines, and I can tell you that shot is better than a lot of them I've seen. Keep up the good work.

Appreciate the comments .... and - in fact, I have changed my mind... I think I'll enter next year and actually compete in the professional catagory.. Perhaps it'll make me stretch a little, and- I'd like to see how I do ... :D

After all, it's just really for fun anyway.... but - if I actually end up beating a 'Pro' - well, I'd just have to end up getting bigger hats ... :lmao:

tks again...

Anything is possible! Step up to the next level and start looking for bigger hats...

Those pictures are great!

And you might not be a professional, but your photos definitely wouldn't show it. I've always been very impressed by the work you put out. It looks phenomenal.

Most reactions

Back