Took 33 years but I have one coming now.

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I wanted a Nikon FA bad when I was in high school. Of course never could afford one then. Well 33 years later I finally have one coming. Very good looking chrome Nikon FA with MD-15, SB-24, and 35-70 f/3.3-4.5 lens.

I wanted a Nikon FA bad when I was in high school. Of course never could afford one then. Well 33 years later I finally have one coming. Very good looking chrome Nikon FA with MD-15, SB-24, and 35-70 f/3.3-4.5 lens.

Gonna' be nice, I bet, to finally reralize that third of a century-old dream! I never wanted an FA, but I wanted a Rollei 35B at around that same time. When gsgary got one, I was like, Hmmm...might hafta' get one of those old-timers!

I expect the FA will need new seals, unless it has already had new seals placed in it. I saw last week in ProPhoto Supply's Used Cameras offerings that a Nikon FE was listed along with the comment "new seals". Apparently, camera sellers are now starting to note such things in their listings. I guess new seals is the used car equivalent of "new tires" or "new brakes",eh?

I always thought the FA had great styling and looks. Camera Grand Prix winner the year it came out. **THE** camera that introduced Nikon's Matrix Metering invention to the world! The camera with the 8-bit microprocessor on-board!

I expect the FA will need new seals, unless it has already had new seals placed in it. I saw last week in ProPhoto Supply's Used Cameras offerings that a Nikon FE was listed along with the comment "new seals". Apparently, camera sellers are now starting to note such things in their listings. I guess new seals is the used car equivalent of "new tires" or "new brakes",eh?
I just got new seals for my FE about a month ago. Have not put them in yet. Man did I ever drool over FA's and the kits out at the time. hahaha. My wife will not understand that's for sure. I can hear it now. Boys and their toys. :azzangel: :biggrin-93:

Cool you are buying alot of lenses recently
Yea, but it's amazing how a $150 camera combo can make you smile like a giant 600mm lens. Had a similar experience with a new copy of the very first camera I specifically asked for. A Kodak Handle. I was 7 or 8 when I asked for one for Christmas. I found a new one on ebay, in box with a new pack of film (way expired of course). Was really cheap. Not worth anything to anyone else. But to me that was a great find.

My first AF lens ever was the 35-70mm f/3.3~4.5 AF Nikkor. Bjron Rorslett says the optics of the AiS are likely the same as the AF version. I really LIKE having a 35-70 instead of a 50mm lens as my walkabout lens. As cgw has mentioned many times, the 35-70 small zoom kinda' killed off the 50mm as standard lens for 35mm SLR buyers around the mid-80's to the early 1990's era.

My first AF lens ever was the 35-70mm f/3.3~4.5 AF Nikkor. Bjron Rorslett says the optics of the AiS are likely the same as the AF version. I really LIKE having a 35-70 instead of a 50mm lens as my walkabout lens. As cgw has mentioned many times, the 35-70 small zoom kinda' killed off the 50mm as standard lens for 35mm SLR buyers around the mid-80's to the early 1990's era.
Yea, same here. 35-70 f/3.3-4.5 AF came with my 6006. First new 35mm and lens I ever bought.

Teh.

With this thread title I was expecting an AI or AI-S 300mm f2.8 or 400mm f2.8 or 400mm f3.5 !

33 years ago, all I wanted was this Portuguese girl.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back