Took a bit of a risk (tried to take my own senior portrait)

And, I didn't look at it and right away think girly or gay just because of the flowers... but then alpha said it and now I can't help it.

Even so, it wasn't a particularly nice or topical thing of me to say.

Because heteronormative stereotypes don't include flowers.

The second image, it looks as if the focus was not on you, because the daisies all the way at bottom are in sharp focus to my eyes.

First one: I like the composition (something which is often lacking in portraits), but the post is a little too posed and tense and the facial expression is kinda werid. This would work really well if reshot, everything the same but more natural pose and facial expression, and more natural processing.

Second one: Reshoot with sharp focus on your face! But I love this one, the better of the two IMO.

What do they include? Getting wasted and driving fast cars whilst throwing a football around?

Pretty much. Is it my personal opinion that's a good thing? No. Absolutely not. Is it a fact of life that in the US, heteronormative social values rule? Yes. They're pervasive. There's just no way around it. As far as most Americans' subconsciouses are concerned, you might as well be crouching in field of penises.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back