Took a bite out of the Big Apple

Juice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chaosjourney.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since I recently moved to NY, I figured I'd made a trip out to NYC. I was only able to spend about half a day there, so I didn't get to shoot as much as I would have liked. Anyway, here are a few from the trip.

NYC246.jpg

NYC114.jpg

NYC028.jpg

I kind of like the first one in black and white, but I think there is too much negative space at the top. I would try cropping out some of the sky and get tighter on the subject. The third one is ok, but I am not a fan of selective color in most cases.

#1 looks to be a bit OOF, but a nice shot otherwise.
#3 i love the way the flag really stands out from the rest of the colors of the building. this image i find very attractive and evokes imagination, of recent events being signed in.

Boy that first one is really sweet. It screams BIG APPLE to my eye. The second one is great but more snap shotty, so to speak. The third one I really like, the light is great.

I kind of like the first one in black and white, but I think there is too much negative space at the top. I would try cropping out some of the sky and get tighter on the subject. The third one is ok, but I am not a fan of selective color in most cases.

#3 is right out of the camera, I didn't edit it.

My apologies, however I think you can see how I got that impression. Anyways I think it is a very nice shot, but just not my cup of tea.

#1 is really appealing - screams NYC. Gritty, dark, etc.

#2 Looks like a photo taken of the city from an observation deck. Seems touristy.

#3 love how the flag looks - i take it caught a ray of sunlight?

#1 is really appealing - screams NYC. Gritty, dark, etc.

#2 Looks like a photo taken of the city from an observation deck. Seems touristy.

#3 love how the flag looks - i take it caught a ray of sunlight?

Haha yeah, #2 was taken from the observation deck of the Empire State Building. Very touristy.

Seeing the bright flag in #3 was what provoked me to take the shot. I'm kind of a light whore, which turned out to be pretty handy when I got into photography. :mrgreen:

NYC246-2.jpg

Juice
I get to see the city from the north many nights during the year.

This image is a very good capture of the feeling/essence of NYC at night. I like your treatment of the photo and the crop. The dark black of the buildings without too much detail and the white of the lights works very well.

I sharpened and added alittle more contrast. This rays of the sun add alittle extra challenge.
NYC114bcopy.jpg

I love the first one but its just a click too dark for me I think. I understand the look your going for though..I like it. The third one is nice as well. Love the composition and the way the colors come out.

I sharpened and added alittle more contrast. This rays of the sun add alittle extra challenge.

Very nice edit. Turns a snapshot-ish picture in to something else entirely. :)

Most reactions

Back