Took a long break ...

Stormchase

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought i would dust off my camera and take it out for a trip. I used to be into macro quit a bit when i lived in Florida but i moved about a year and a half ago. Took about a 3 year break all in all. No bugs sit still out here so its real tough to get 2mm away for a shot. Figured i might take up some landscapes since there is plenty out here even if its a drive. I might justify a good wide angle if i get get the itch going again. I really hope so!
wouldnt mind some C&C if you want. Im real rusty! Even on TPF postings haha. This is just with my canon box lens at 18mm

Superstition mountians (Lost Dutchman)
superstition edit by Stormchase73, on Flickr

Old Church
IMG_2153 by Stormchase73, on Flickr

Lake in Prescott, Az
edit prescott lake MTB by Stormchase73, on Flickr

i can dig it, though i like the church photo, it'd benefit from more contrast, i reckon. I think these pics capture the mood of the desert southwest nicely.

Thank you. I enjoy B&W but have little shoot time with it.

I agree, it's a great thing to do, but I don't do it enough either, lol

Well i got light room 5. I am complete rookie to editing outside of the basics (saturation, contrast etc..). The first pic was just saturation and a crop. figured i would try a real program and make it a little better. I left it not cropped to see what you all think. I didnt shoot in RAW unfortunately so i know its not as good as it can be. Any better then the first or is it too much?
IMG_2170 by Stormchase73, on Flickr
Added a little more contrast here. played with a couple B&W sliders and a touch of clarity.
IMG_2153 by Stormchase73, on Flickr

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back