Took pics in the woods today

NYY

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
And this was pretty much the best one that i got. i did a little touchup on photoshop, and i was really dissapointed that my other pictures didnt turn out well. but then again, i just got my 300d kit so it will probably take a little time to really get good looking pictures

southriverpath1oz.jpg

Shutter Speed: 1/30 second
F Number: F/5.6
Focal Length: 24 mm
ISO Speed: 320

I think i should have had the iso at 100 but the camera was in landscape mode when i took the pic

looks to me like camera movement softened this shot up a little. imo Tripod would have saved this shot i think.. the iso setting is fine, but in low lighting, you need a real steady hand!

what about turning it into a panaromacrop some of the top and slightly before the fallon logs bottom touchs the ground. It would create a viewing feild more suited for a forest shot. With all the green and no well defined subject it would help to isolate the trail and allow the eye to drift from side to side and still find the trail if thats what you wanted the subject to be.

well... I think that's not the matter of your camera and kit. I know... you have to practice and "experience" what your cam can do. you need to find original angles, light, shadows... and then your pics will be more interesting. Sory for being harsh but for me this is a snapshot from the woods.

On my screen it doesn't look unsharp. It is a bit soft but nothing serious... I think that the softness works well here... it gives "dreamy" look. maybe try converting it to b&w... adjusting contrast... or if you don't like editing... go and reshoot :)

Most reactions

Back