took these in the past few months

snaremop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bigelectricbill.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like this one - I think the lighting does it for me.
DSC07279.jpg

Not too special...
DSC07430.jpg

Los Angeles car repair shops...
DSC07292.jpg

Close up of part of a lamp - thought it turned out well, even if its hard to figure out what the hell it is.
DSC07406-1.jpg

Thanks for any constructive criticism.:D
Also, sorry that they are not big. For some reason when I posted pictures from my photobucket account, they make them tiny. Any suggestions? Should I try imageshack?

Hi again, snaremop.
If you read some of the other threads, you will find people moan about Photobucket's random resizing of photos that had, indeed, be downsized to a suitable websize before. That's Photobucket for you: they only allow for a certain number of pixels overall (I think), so if a photo is very detailed and therefore offers a lot of information, they will downsize it again by half, which is an absolutel NUISANCE. But then the service is all free ...

As to the hammock ... what can I say now that you've said the lighting does it to you? You like it very much, you think you have achieved what you wanted, it is your photo, so it is ok. Isn't it?

Personally, I like the "None too special" one best of this series - by far.
Cool perspective, DOF, nice vanishing point, interesting (!) albeit mundane subject, a diagonal line going through the photo, good use of the given lighting ... yes. I like that one. The nice colours add to it.

Unfortunately, the others don't "speak" to me much...

I was going to add a bit about setting the upload file size.... but now I look at my photobucket account, I can't see it anymore... unless I'm about to wake up in the shower, I've sen in the past, on the account options area, a pull down where you can set the maximum file size to upload.... if you shove this up to 1M, you can get 800x600 images uploaded with no problem - if they compress automatically, it loses quality, not size...

Or I'm using a totally different Photobucket to everyone else! :confused:

Most reactions

Back