Took this pic at a birthday party..one of my faves. C&C welcome

Hey pal, I like the photo :). I don't know anything at all about how much color should be in any particular photo or balancing or any of that other stuff, but...I like it anyway. Have a nice day!

Hey pal, I like the photo :). I don't know anything at all about how much color should be in any particular photo or balancing or any of that other stuff, but...I like it anyway. Have a nice day!

Well if you know zilch it would be a good time to clam up, I like the photo too but it needs sorting colorwise and seeing as how no edits allowed the tog cant be shown how. H

Why not change your profile and allow a color corrected version to be posted

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but, since your eyeballs were not present when this photo was taken, how is it that you can comment so authoritatively concerning the coloration of this photo?

I do hope you understand that I am, in no way, challenging your evaluation - - just looking to add to my knowledge base what it is that you spotted in this photo that makes you so certain that it could benefit from color correction.

I would appreciate any helpful suggestions or comments.

Caruso

I rather like the white balance in this photo. Maybe it would look technically better with some color correction, but it would also take away a lot of character.

Pardon what seemed to be overly 'authoritative.'

True, I wasn't there but you were and you carried with you all the emotions of seeing the beauty of the scene. I just can look at it as presented and, to me, the childrens' skin looks flat an with a color caste.

A more 'scientific' view comes from looking at the whites of their eyes and taking a color measurement with Photoshop. An absolute white is 255,255,255 and, although I wouldn't expect anyone's eyes to read that absolute, particularly in shadow, the brightest of them (the right eye of the older girl) is 170, 162, 102 - far away from a balanced white color and pretty dull.

Also, if you look at the area around the mouth of the oldest girl, one can see a distinct yellow tinge.

I hope this was of some use to you. Thanks for asking.

Most reactions

Back