Top reasons why not to renovate your room/house (part three)

cpelsy2k1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Everyone,

I have been telling the story of renovating my room over the past few posts:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109367

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109447

In this third post my room begins to take shape as the walls get painted and the carpet comes up....

The ceiling is painted (that is actually a fairly easy job, just don't let the paint drop on anything in your room!)
mg0572lw3.jpg

Shot with Canon EOS 30D at 2008-01-28

I pulled the carpet up in pieces and left the center for last (the carpet came closest to killing me as it was so full of dirt, wall particles, and other pollutants that even with a mask on my lungs almost stopped working)
mg0596gd1.jpg

We decided to paint the room a light blue color and here you see some of the work that goes into paint prep (taping the ceiling, i think we went through at least a couple rolls of tape)
mg0589nl6.jpg

A shot of the walls and the window
mg0586rp3.jpg

Oh the trim. I forgot to photograph the taping and painting of the trim but just imagine more masking tape everywhere
mg0598hf1.jpg

Here is a shot of the windows in near complete state (they still needed to be sanded but hey thats a big improvement over lots of holes everywhere)
mg0592tb4.jpg

Another example of covering stuff up (you have to protect everything in the room not only against paint, but against dust as well)
mg0587zh9.jpg

Here was my lumination, just one little light. If you are going to renovate and the room doesn't have good sunlight do yourself a huge favor and purchase good lighting (your walls will look a lot nicer!)
mg0591uj3.jpg

Almost done, this was one of the trickier sections as we had to tape off the bookcase and paint very carefully against the side (again gotta love that tape!)
mg0595da4.jpg

Thats it for now. The room is complete and Tuesday or Wednesday I will post the final room in all its glory!

Ya know, pro painters poo-poo that whole "taping" thing! ;)

With some (who are good) you may as well think "That's what they're pro painters for", but I have seen so-called "pro's" work and it left me wondering a whole lot! :roll: Then I better be a DIY person and use rolls and rolls of tape and end with some good renovation work than hire a wannabe pro (claiming-to-be pro or whatever) and end with smeared paint all over. Been there, done that, you know.

Thanks for the third installment. The light blue does not quite show, but what a nice story of how things developed! :D Soon we will get to see the before-after pics. :boogie: (or won't we??? ).

Most reactions

Back