Top ten most irritating phrases...

Those too cool "8 tracks" ?

Telephone party lines (with a teenage girl at one of the residences) ?

Black and white TV, with a remote, and 3 maybe channels to choose from.
Yeah I had an 8 track in my car.
I remember my grandparents having to pay extra for a private line, when we move here to N.Az in 76.
We had like 6 channels in Detroit if you counted the Canadian stations and, they all signed off at 2AM.
Anyone remember the original disk players? The disks were really LPs that played movies and, you had to turn them over to finish the movie.

Last edited:
How 'bout those little doo-dads you stuck in the middle of 45's so they would fit the spindle on the turntable?

I myself personally feel . . . . . usually said by someone who is fond of level playing fields.

I once told someone at a meeting when i was taking minutes that with his hand in his pocket standing there, I could see what he was personally feeling and it would make him go blind according to my mother! He was fond of using Anti's top ten and after that was very careful in his choice of phrase.

ah some good ones in there..

a photography related one i hate is : "dragging the shutter" .. i just hate it, it might be a term but still, it's a horrible one.

Anytime someone uses an abbreviation in speaking in the real world "I lol'ed" "ttyl!" etc.

Does that refer to a slow shutter speed?

pretty much yeah, and i think you only use that term when you use flash with a slow shutter speed... it's like "strobist" as well. Maybe photography is getting too hip for me :lmao:

As compiled by Oxford* researchers:

1 - At the end of the day

Oh dear!
My husband has adopted the German translation of this phrase (and yes, some people felt it was "cool" to say this very same in German now, i.e. "am Ende des Tages" and it is becoming fairly widespread) and uses it at least three times within one sentence (well, almost...). It drives me up the wall (secretly).

"I seen" <-- Bothers me more than any other...

Oh, and "bubbler"... WTF is a "bubbler"? I've never seen bubbles in the water from a drinking fountain! It's more of a stream of water so should it be "streamer"?

And I can't forget "can you borrow me a..." ARGH!!

I have a headache.

Can we just be friends?

I used to, but I've changed.

Would you please put that thing away.

Is it in?

Did you just $hi+ yourself?

-------------

Last edited:
I've certainly never heard that! Here in the civilized world, at least :p

Bubbler is used a lot in various parts of Wisconsin. Minnesota, too, from what I understand. It's one of the worst things about living in this state.

Although, "can you borrow me a dollar" is considerably worse than bubbler... as is "I seen..."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back