Topaz

tjones8611

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just curious to how many people use and recommend Topaz. I downloaded a free trial a few months back but never purchased it. Is it worth the investment and something utilized often? What Topaz pluguns do you recommend the most? Also, is the adjust plugin better than photomax?

Just curious to how many people use and recommend Topaz. I downloaded a free trial a few months back but never purchased it. Is it worth the investment and something utilized often? What Topaz pluguns do you recommend the most? Also, is the adjust plugin better than photomax?

HIGHLY recommend Topaz. Adjust, DeNoise and ReMask are most popular but, because of pricing, it make sense to get the complete bundle.

I think I have been recommending Topaz on this forum every chance I get. I have had it for quite some time and use it daily.

I have found great use of two of their programs specifically, Adjust 3 and Denoise 3.
Another great program to give a try is NIK softwares Viveza (2 coming here shortly).
It's a pretty awesome program itself and is helpful for very selective color/light enhancement, like a persons underexposed face in a portrait. It is worth downloading for the trial to see it's usefulness Color Control Revolutionized

Not meaning to hijack the OPs thread, but does anyone have experience with how Nik and Topaz compare, especially in their noise reduction software?

I have not used NIK's denoise, just Topaz's which works great. It is adjustable depending on the type of noise present and the degree.
For the picture control and adjustment, Topaz is a very different program and give you capabilities that Viveza doesnt. You can tweak almost every aspect of the photo and create some pretty cool post pieces.
Now with Viveza, it offers you the ability to enhance the color and lighting of ver specific points of a photo, a face for example, without tweaking the rest of the photo. highly intuitive and great to have in addition to Topaz.

I recommend trying them and seeing how they work first hand.

Can anyone post a few pre and post photos using Topaz noise and ajdust? Im curious to see some photos enahanced other than those provided on Topazs website.

Topaz Adjust and Photomatix are not directly comparable because Topaz adjust is not HDR software. True, you can produce tone mapped images but that is only a part of making an HDR.

I tested Topaz Remask and found it lacking and I prefer Imagenomics Noiseware Pro for de-noise work.

Once you buy one of the Topaz packages you will never have to pay full proce again for any other Topaz product.

I often use Topaz Adjust.

I do not understand why you would never have to pay full price again. I own Topaz Simplify, are there deals out there for adjust and

I do not understand why you would never have to pay full price again. I own Topaz Simplify, are there deals out there for adjust and
I always get an email from them offering me special pricing when they release something new.

Most reactions

Back