Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Do you know of some sort of site that will tell you where a tornado has been sited earlier in the day?

I just heard that there were some pretty nasty tornados up near a friend of mine, and I am a little worried...he's not answering me.

Not that I can see...I'm trying to find something that tells what has already been spotted today, but all I see on there is current warnings.

If you know the local news website in that area, they'll probably have what you're looking for.

20 miles is quite a ways, luckily... I'm glad you're safe, and I hope no one else got hurt.

Is there a specific reason you're worried about this tornado?

20 miles is quite a ways, luckily... I'm glad you're safe, and I hope no one else got hurt.

Is there a specific reason you're worried about this tornado?

Uh...well, yeah...as I said...the reports I was reading were saying it was near him.

I thought that was pretty specific.

The reports were saying 'southern suburbs', one of which, he resides in.

Uh...well, yeah...as I said...the reports I was reading were saying it was near him.

I thought that was pretty specific.

The reports were saying 'southern suburbs', one of which, he resides in.

I don't know who "him" was. Sorry. I've had funnel clouds pass over the top of my house a few times. Its scary stuff... But the cool thing about tornadoes is that its REALLY hard to get hit by one. Its bad when it does, but at least its not like a hurricane or something :)

I'm glad everything worked out!!!

corry, this is a website that has local storm reports.

here is a direct link to the site's page for Illinois

http://kamala.cod.edu/il/

you'll have to scroll to find which zone he lives in, but click on the link for local storm reports and itll show you what has been reported.

corry, this is a website that has local storm reports.

here is a direct link to the site's page for Illinois

http://kamala.cod.edu/il/

you'll have to scroll to find which zone he lives in, but click on the link for local storm reports and itll show you what has been reported.

Thanks!!! I bookmarked it for future use!

Btw, THIS one:

2059 LOSTANT LA SALLE IL 4114 8906 REPORT RELAYED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT...REPORT UNCONFIRMED AT THIS TIME. (LOT)

Is actually very close to ME.

And it didn't even get very icky here.

Is actually very close to ME.

And it didn't even get very icky here.

Sometimes it doesn't; I've sat on the ridge where we're planning to build our house, watching a storm pass that produced baseball sized hail and was expected to produce tornadoes; the hail passed about five miles from me, and all I got was a couple minutes of hard rain followed by a pleasant breeze and clearing skies.

Always make sure you've got an escape route and/or secure shelter available.

We had a tornado go over us a few weeks ago in the middle of the night. I heard the whistling, but thought it was just wind blowing through the screen on my window. I went back to sleep and later found out that it tore up a bunch of stuff and killed one person a few miles NE of us.

Most reactions

Back