TORONTO DAY AND NIGHT (56k warning)

dewey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some shots from a recent trip to Toronto Ontario. I'll go ahead and confess the moon in the night shot was added in... it was too much sky for me, so that shot goes into the art category ;)

Street car on East King Street

streetcar.jpg

Dundas Square in the rain

rain.jpg

Dundas Square in the rain

kids.jpg

Flying Canadian flag on a bank on East King Street

flag.jpg

The subway, King Street Station @ Yonge Street

subway.jpg

Time exposure of the Toronto skyline from behind the Toronto Sun newspaper

tornight.jpg

CN tower at night

cntower.jpg

Toronto skyline at night... yes I faked the moon :greenpbl:

tornightmoon.jpg

Oh maaan, you got some cool shots there!! I especially love the one in the subway, the skyline shot taken from King Street, and the last one...was it taken from the island, or from The Docks? It's gorgeous!! As a Torontonian, I hope you enjoyed your visit here.

Love all the pics. The Dundas Square in the Rain pic jumped out at me because I was standing in that exact spot last night. Weird, because as I was walking through there I was thinking what great photo ops there were. Too bad I was taking my wife to see "Wicked" for her birthday, so I couldn't really ditch her for the camera...

Once again, great pics.

Some pretty nice shots, man...what'd you think of the city?

And in all honesty, I think that skyline would've been more fabulous even without the moon added...

Very nice pics !

1 question

Do you remember what your settings were for the fake moon pic and the CN tower pic?

Thanks!

Awesome shots. Love em all. The second gave me a chuckle. Construction season should be coming to a close here soon.
Very well done. If you get a chance next time....give us some notice, there are a flock of us that could meet up with ya.
My fave is the CN tower at night.

Thank you for the input! I loved my time in Toronto... I spent 2 months there all together. I'll be in Ottawa for the next two weeks, then on to Calgary in January, Winterpeg in February, Edmonton in March, and London Ontario in April. It'll be a chilly few months for a Florida boy. :grumpy:

The city shot is from the docks... I stumbled onto that location. I took the ferry twice but weather was against me both times. I loved shooting the tower - I have some cool shots from when it was obsured by clouds... I'll have to dig them up when I get home.

The city shot was f/22 for 30 seconds and the tower was f/22 for 12 seconds.

I had to squeeze the construction photo in their... but at least you guys get a break - construction never stops in Florida. :eek:

London Ontario!

....the hell brings you to London? ;)

i agree with every one there great shots, tho not to sure about the moon.

can i ask did u post process them? because the colors look wonderfull and i never seem to get them that nice stait out of the camera

Can't really find a bad shot, I like them all, but especially the shot with the moon. Let me know when you'll have prints for sale !!!

very cool stuff...especially like the subway shot and the CN tower at night. noytt a huge fan of dropping moons in and I think the shot is good enough to stand on its own. I will say that I find some of them a bit oversaturated....the reds and oranges seem overdone to me...just a nitpick and I hope you dont mind. :)

Most reactions

Back