Toronto Zoo

Great shots raymond! :D
Love the tones in the lion shot.
Thje giraffe is just awesome..love the confusion there :mrgreen:
The hippo eye stare is very cool..freaky lookin skin! I love it tho. :D
Great series...keep em coming! :thumbup:

Raymond J Barlow said:
force.. good luck with your loans!! what are you studying?? the D50 is out, and very reasonable I hear.

Ty LeadSister.., and JonK

Yes I saw that advertised, do you know if its any good? Is it better than the 300D or what you guys call the Rebel?

I still keep opening this thread up just to look at the animals, and dream abouta new camera!

Force of Nature said:
Yes I saw that advertised, do you know if its any good? Is it better than the 300D or what you guys call the Rebel?

I still keep opening this thread up just to look at the animals, and dream abouta new camera!

I don't know much about the Canon dslr's, but I am sure they are just as good as the nikons.. there is another forum that covers equipment., and many more knowledgable folks there.

i am very happy with my camera, we still use our sony dscp10 for p/s pics, it does very well.. but i do know what you mean about the need for a good cam.. now i wish i had funds for a sigma 50-500!!

OK Ray here is it in all its glory, discription of what was done if wanted is available.

mozzeagleedit.jpg

Now I am too curious. Raymond J Barlow and MozzMann, how in the world do you manage to get the eyes looking so vibrant? In that case... how do both of you make everything look so vibrant?

Peanuts

I simply created duplicate layers and worked on each independantly to enhance a small areas like increase the saturation in the eye and beak, then added a touch of colour balance and curve tweak.

reduced the shadow in the bady feather's , selectivley applied gaussian blur and despeckle noise reduction.

Applied Fred Miranda's excellent Action Intellisharpen.

Merged down each successive layer and then cropped the image and applied some light rendering to focus on the Birds Body with emphasis on the crown feathers and eye.
All adjustments were rather small but all together makes quite a difference.

Mozz

Most reactions

Back