Toroto: Distillery District

Qphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello.

I have lived in Toronto for 7 years now and have only recently discovered the distillery district. For anyone living in Toronto or planning on visiting the city you MUST go there when it is not busy (weekdays before 6pm or weekends before 10am) and walk around with your camera. There are thousands of great photographs to be taken in this neighborhood.

John

I live in Toronto too (not exactly, I'm in the suburbs), I was wondering if any of you can recommend great photo locations.
I shot high park and in the U of T area. I was at the distillery this past summer, but didn't shoot alot...I was a bit distracted by the dog show. :)

Hi there, I am also interested in some great locations in the gta for engagement photo's. I have a few sessions coming up.

I have done klienberg, and the beaches anything else?

Hi lensonlife. Welcome to the forum. There are some great places here. The Guild Inn, Edwards Gardens ( both are much better in the summer) Both need permission for wedding photography., as is over looks the lake and scarborough bluffs
Another great floral garden is Rosette McCain gardens(need permission there too for weddings) There are more, but my mind just went blank:confused: When I think of them, I will add here...k?

1) Scarborough bluffs for sea view, Rock (brimley south til the end)
2) Casa roma for old castle building (GTA, spadina)
3) Hamilton for steel factory, abandon factory

For engagement, I strongly recommand Casa Roma, it's an awesome castle.

Does anyone know if it's open late at night, say 2am? Or do they lock the gate? I'd love to take some night shots there!

I always thought the Don area would be nice, just for some 'urban takeover' shots...the river, especially near the south end (near the Queen-to-Danforth area) really emphasizes the total domination by a city over its natural environment...Haven't had the chance to get down there yet with the purpose of taking pictures, but one day...

Most reactions

Back