Torrevieja harbour - statue looking out to sea & sunset shot

DwainDibley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this photo last year whilst on holiday in Torrevieja, Spain. The harbout had a very long pier, on on a corner of it there stood this statue of a girl, waving out to sea as if saying goodbye to a lover. Managed to just get a boat into the frame too! Rather pleased with the photo, although I'm not sure if the focus is 100% was taken with my P&S Olympus.

323740898_853d1a1680_b.jpg

And a sunset shot also taken with the olympus:

323740900_3e2907c611_b.jpg

good places, however, I wish either there were subjects to fill the frames more, or, an alternate and more dynamic composition for the first photograph. there's a very large empty part of the foreground and sky that's adding no stories to the shot.

the sunset in the second one is nice, however, it would have been better had the sun actually been there... the silhouetted foreground is missing details and is completely dark, and no activity in the skies as well - wish there was a flock of birds in it.

keep shooting and do keep sharing with us ! :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Will keep snapping and experimenting, hopefully my skills will develop with that experience, I'm certainly enjoying it... though spending more than I should on buying lenses! :lmao:

yes, that's how the art of photography itself teaches you how to paint with light ! keep on shooting. you're doing great ! :)

The image is beautiful and I love the sight sundown
A simple modification of the picture I hope you like it

e60ca661dc.jpg

Like I already said about your pp-ed version of the first photo in Critical Analysis, all in all I like the composition of the photo, and it was very worth the while to wait for a boat to come by! It really adds the necessary "something" to the photo.

Plus you had some lovely light when you took it.

But I am with Sayambhu thinking that there is a bit too much foreground there. It is up to you to decide if you would want to think about cropping ... there is little (actually no) room on the left and right to crop in if you want to maintain a standard print size here.

Both photos could do with some more pp-ing, though it would not be my choice to go as far as ALWEHEIBY did ... but what do the French say? "Chaq'un à son goût". (And I already commented on the amount of pp-work you added to the first and present in Critical Analysis there).

I'm still new to post-processing, but will have a go later at cropping the first image, sadly have to go to work soon sadly! I do like what ALWEHEIBY did, bought the colours out nicely of the sky.

I need to have a good sit down in front of Photoshop and have a good play with the settings, get used to post-processing pictures, apart from my attempts at HDR I haven't really done any post-processing to pictures I've taken, but need to learn as it's a big part of photography!

Well, I felt challenged to play with these just a little, and since my camera gives me a different format, anyway, I cropped them to that format (with equal width less height) and just "played around" a little ... I am NOT convinced of my own pp-work here, mind you, NOT convinced. It can be done better.

DwainDibley_323740898_853d1a1680_b_.jpg

DwainDibley_323740900_3e2907c611_b_.jpg

Usually I would say that an image size of 1024px wide is too wide for web-presentation (I still maintain that it is too wide!), but for these purposes, i.e. cropping and pp-work it was NICE ;)!

And I found out that the foreground in the second isn't anything anyone would really REALLY want to see, it is a boring building site, so I cropped that second one to the size my camera would give me, too.

They look much better with that cropping! :)

Agreed, the foreground building site isn't very interesting, looks much better with most of it cropped out, as does the other picture with the vast empty foreground taken out.

These were both taken last year, I've learnt a bit more about composition now (but still have a long way to go but am enjoying learning!)

Most reactions

Back