Total newbie lucked out with possibly a good shot. C&C please

What size is *your* screen? :lol: :lmao:

Bigger than his:thumbup:

27.5" 1920x1200. Wish the color and viewing angle is better though. I need to get this monitor calibrated.

wow, that resolution is quite low. mine is 23" 2048x1152

I semi agree. I don't think my computer can handle much more resolution. Plus, it was good enough for me up until 2 weeks ago when I started wanting more resolution for photo viewing

why did everyone freak out about the soft focus, every shot is different for different reasons.. I think while its not the super best I think it works for what it is.

why did everyone freak out about the soft focus, every shot is different for different reasons.. I think while its not the super best I think it works for what it is.

Generally something should be in focus somewhere in the picture. Since the subject is the niece, the girl should be in focus.. I guess you could argue that there are no rules, artistic vision trumps technical ability, etc etc.. We're beginners and we're working on the basics, focus being one of them.

why did everyone freak out about the soft focus, every shot is different for different reasons..

Correct! This is where, however, the OP needs to defend their position on how or why it works. That this was done on purpose. That this was the effect they were trying to achieve.

I think while its not the super best I think it works for what it is.
Even you contradict yourself with this devaluative statement.
If it's not 'the super best', what would make it better?
More focus?
More blur?
Lots of sharpening?

It was taken on Auto, it was not the intended purpose to be oof. My guess; I think the op would have liked it better if it was in focus as well.

We could take any photo and soften the hell out of it until there is nothing left to focus on!

Even you contradict yourself with this devaluative statement.
If it's not 'the super best', what would make it better?
More focus?
More blur?
Lots of sharpening?

Haha I guess you are right in a way..
I defended the part of it not needing to be in focus,regardless of it being intentional or not, hence happy accidents. I personally think it is just as fine if it isn't focused (SOME images), but when I said it wasn't the super best meant the image in general, think the 3 heads are too close and tons of space in the other corner. It's more of a personal thing. though it was a quick hip shot so no actual composition was being worked on.

Suppose nothing really ever is the "super best"

"When you get one shot out of focus is a mistake,
but when you get twenty is for sure a style...."

I personally like the impressionist style on that one.
If you can reproduce in others shots will be a cool style...

Good job :thumbup:

Well like I said, it was an accident, an happy one at that.

I do like it out of focus like this. I didn't at first though. But the more I looked at it, the more I enjoyed it. I would not beable to recreate this shot probably, because it was taken on auto.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back