Total noob intro/questions post.

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by geoffafa, Apr 4, 2010.

1. geoffafa

geoffafa TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Whats up everyone names Geoff.

I'm a college student who's passion is cars and tuning. I am big in to the VW car scene and have also had a long time passion for photography, just never really did much about it. I use to be in a photography club in middle school, 35mm film, black rooms, all that good stuff, and I use to have a Minolta SLR camera. After middle school I never really got back into it (baseball took up most of my time) until now. I have been looking around at a few cameras for a starter and I found my way here to see if you guys could help me out.

A really good friend of mine shoots a D50, which is way out of my price range for a beginner, but his first camera was a Nikon 40D. He recommended I go with that or with the Canon T1i, which was a little more money but I would be able to do more with it and it would probably last me longer than a 40D. Now, I spoke to a friend with a T1i and he told me to just spend the extra $100 and get the T2i. So at the end of the day I was looking around at all the features the T2i has to offer and am considering picking it up with in a few months. How do you guys feel about this camera for the money? Worth it? No? Why not?
    Also I like the T1/2i because I would like to get into some HD filming as well.

Sorry for the long write up, looking forward to learning ALOT from here. :thumbup:

By the way, here is a pic of my car shot with my friends 50D. Enjoy!
    [​IMG]

2. FattyMcJ

FattyMcJ TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Fugly purple sticker + beautiful blue car = :madass:

But I like the clean JDM look, to each his own lol

I don't shoot Canon, so I can't really help you there, but if video is a bonus for you, the T2i has that covered in spades.

Post up some photos when you get the new camera! :thumbup:

3. Hardrock

Hardrock TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You may want to consider a used Canon 40D. I have a 50D which is very similar and I love mine. This way you could save about $300 and by a 50mm f1.8 and possibly a flash.

4. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
  5. FattyMcJ

FattyMcJ TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Good info, thx KmH!

Ouch![FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]
    [/FONT]