total noob, plz c&c:)

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by singer1, Jun 6, 2009.

1. singer1

singer1 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi all,

I'm brand new and just learning to use a dslr. Here are some of my first pics. thanks in advance:)

1)

[​IMG]

2)
    [​IMG]

3)
    [​IMG]

2. musicaleCA

musicaleCA TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #1 is an interesting perspective, but I think the DoF is too short. Stopping down the aperture would have helped a lot to get the ears and nose in focus too. The colours look over-saturated though. I like #3 the most, because I feel the DoF really fits and suits the subject. *is distracted by the awesomeness of Dvorak's 7th, second movement* Er...

#2, I feel youl lost just a little too much detail in the lamp's switch. I would expose it just a little more.

3. singer1

singer1 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    cool,
    thanks for the feedback. much appreciated.

4. Baaaark

Baaaark TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Its cool how your dog has the coloring of a fox. I had a dog like that, but it was only her face that was fox colored.

5. Samanax

Samanax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    These basically look like test shots. The nice thing is you didn't center the subjects.

I see you have a XTi, I have one too. If you haven't already read it, get a copy of "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. It's recommended reading for beginners.

You can also check out these:
    Digital Photography Tips For Beginners

Digital Photography Composition Tips

#1 - There are several things wrong with this picture. It's underexposed...you're shooting down at the dog instead of at eye level...the eyes aren't in focus...it looks like the white balance might be off a bit...color saturation seems a little high.

I like that you used Portrait Mode for the shot, but try to understand why the camera selected the settings it did for this shot.

#2 - I think everyone takes a picture similar to this one. It's a lamp.

#3 - I like that you filled the frame with the subject. The composition is okay...might have been nicer if the leaf on the left wasn't cut off. Image is a little cool. Maybe next time take a similar shot from a lower point of view.