total weirdness tonight near the port

I work the industry every day and deal with those very security folks everyday. I could go on for hours about it but thats a whole other story. Find out if you are eligable to get a TWIC card. Transportation Workers Identification Card~ It requires a security background check and showes you are not a terrorist type. The Port security will immediatly know you are an ok type because you have one. The card cost 132.00 and is good for 5 years. Lots of finger printing to get it.:thumbup:

Thanks, Ill definately look into it, Im gonna ask the watch commander if it will help out there just to double check, if its a thumbs up I might get it.
I just wanna make sure if a lot of guys got those in the last year if its a watered down thing now...

Communication is certainly at two way street. In my patrol days when I had the time I would routinely stop and just chat with people on my beat if they were out doing yard work, etc. Some of them were a bit freaked out at first because they had never had a cop just stop and shoot the breeze for a couple of minutes. It didn't take long before I was getting waves a greetings from a lot of people on my beat just from that little ice breaker. The greatest boon and the greatest detrament to law enforcement has been the invention of the automobile. It took cops out of the neighborhoods and put them in territory. I once had a beat that covered 12 square miles. That does not make for an area you can easily get to know people.

Yeah, I think a lot of places should turn to segways, except they give you no exercise. I'd say bikes with special gears that make it easy to get form 0-15 instead of from 15-30 like most mountain bikes. Wed have informative in shape cops everywhere that don't suffer from back issues from driving all day . Better for their families.

They could switch off in shifts driving one week a month. That way there would be plenty of patrol cars around but I think the bike guys in large cities could cover more ground quicker .

bike guys with shotguns strapped to their backs. The end of crime as we know it.

But the B ATF guys make such interesting youtube videos like when they mace themselves on accident. ,,

seriously sounds like your the ideal type of officer to have around.

Congrats on Detective

But the B ATF guys make such interesting youtube videos like when they mace themselves on accident. ,,

Congrats on Detective

If you PM me I will tell you what the different Acronyms stand for as far as we locals consider the feds. If I put them on here the moderator would stroke out and then edit the post to a blank page. :lol:

THORHAMMER Wrote:
...but if they just want to talk and check you out real quickly, what the harm. It just seems to go a lot further then being vague and tight lipped.

I hear ya. It's sometimes hard to figure out what to do. In Chicago right now the National Guard is confiscating (legal) firearms. Two days ago Obama called for a 1,000,000 man ARMED "Youth Brigade" and said they should spy and play detective. He actually said that. :( Huge FEMA camps (AKA: Concentration camps) have been built and are operational near every metropolitan area across the country. The news is no longer the news but some kind of emotionalistic ra-ra team promoting division among the people. With weird bizarre nazistic information and action happening among us it's easy to get worked up as you put it.

Every situation is different...

Very true.

I drove away feeling , yeah I should have done this earlier. I mean its not like im actually doing anything wrong.

I think most of them these days are still pretty good guys. Right now it seems mostly to be the DoD and the feds that are out of control (HLS, ATF, and etc.) and the future looks (to me anyway) to hold a fairly gloomy outlook. And I'm a REALLY upbeat and manic type person. I think our precious republic is in deep doo-doo (from within) if something doesn't change.

Last edited:

Congrats on Detective

They didn't look so funny in Waco Texas to me. :(

And I second the congratulations on making detective! :thumbup:

They didn't look so funny in Waco Texas to me. :(

Your somehow equating waco texas to a lady who has mace in her purse at the airport. No biggie, but I didnt mean it as a put down, the latter was genuinely funny, noone got hurt.

I think most of them these days are still pretty good guys. Right now it seems mostly to be the DoD and the feds that are out of control (HLS, ATF, and etc.) and the future looks (to me anyway) to hold a fairly gloomy outlook. And I'm a REALLY upbeat and manic type person. I think our precious republic is in deep doo-doo (from within) if something doesn't change.

Scary stuff in store for us in the future when the current crop of 15 year olds who's parents or mentors happen to be part of the less legal and more facist group of feds enter the job field.

1984 could become close to reality in thought, although the technology is still far off. hopefully not and hopefully the check and balance still works. But limiting the visibility and impartialiality of the news is whats most troubling to me. I only get a tiny taste of what those guys go through ...

@Thorhammer,
No I didn't take it as any kind of put-down or anything. Just the ATF are a pretty mean bunch. I wonder if calling them The Revenoors is still relevant? :p They are a cross-breed of the Treasury Dept. Attack dogs and the "energy monopoly" men's killing machine. They were the guys who would show up to your farm when you were distilling you're own tractor fuel and burn you out - maybe kill your pa, your ma, or maybe gramps while doing it too. Sometimes the wiped out the whole bunch. At the time they called it prohibition and painted the stories with a few booze runners but it was mostly about free energy. Waco was pretty much the same deal - just in a time of modern weapons, media disinformation machines, and IR/UV video from 1,000 feet up in the sky.

Most of what Eric Blair (AKA George Orwell) described in his book 1984 came and went in the 70's and noone noticed - or at least very few - and most of them were called "nuts" which is a problem that's still happening BTW. Today we're dealing with people who are starting to notice. The few real newsmen who are still left (and none of them are on TV btw) call it "waking up". ;) Most of the noise and conflict we're seeing and hearing now (in the name of fighting terrorism LOL) is in effort to squelch that and regain the lost control.

Here's what it seems they have in mind next:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDSNhoUnQr
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=od29Ece8OsE
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wYp85QMJd1Q

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back