Totally new to Canon T1i, need loads of advice!

lets back track here. Lets look at the OP. He is saying that he cant get good photos with his kit lens. I bet you if you give him an L lens, the result will still be bad. Once he can start taking good photos with his kit lens, then he should start thinking of upgrading.

Yes I agree with you. :thumbup:

It is true that a poorly composed image shot with L-glass, is still a poorly composed image.

If this is what you guys were trying to say, I guess I just misunderstood.

Sorry for getting the thread off track...

Im going to to a car part store and go buy RED striping kit. Then I can put it around my KIT lens so it will look like an L. :lmao:

lets back track here. Lets look at the OP. He is saying that he cant get good photos with his kit lens. I bet you if you give him an L lens, the result will still be bad. Once he can start taking good photos with his kit lens, then he should start thinking of upgrading.

It is true that a poorly composed image shot with L-glass, is still a poorly composed image.

Im going to to a car part store and go buy RED striping kit. Then I can put it around my KIT lens so it will look like an L. :lmao:

LOL

If it makes you feel better I will believe you really got one! :thumbup:

L-type beyotch!

KitLtype.jpg

LOL you should alter images like this and sell stuff on ebay to idiots who fall for it.

"Barely used Canon 18-55 IS L, Only $499."

Alter? I really did go buy a red stripe sticker!

With a budget of $200 to $500 he is not going to get L series glass. My point was that being a new user invest in learning to use what you have before making a large purchase.

My best shot to date with the kit lens.

4608918920_cfbd73c30e_z.jpg

I have a a heap more that I sell in large format that were produced with the kit lens.

I guess I was getting off track there, you are right the OP set a budget.

I like that shot a lot, it doesnt look straight though. Easy fix in ps I believe.

Just because you can get a good image from a kit lens, it doesnt mean that there is no benefit from upgrading to L-glass. That means image quality as well.

I have 4 EF-S lenses, all of the higher end ones basically. I also have 3 L lenses.

Trust me when I tell you that the IQ is far superior on each one of my L lenses.

If you don't want to take my word for it, thats your choice. You would be fooling yourself in doing so though.

If you look at my gear below you will see I do own L series glass, and it is freaking awesome and I do plan on getting more L series glass when I can justify/afford it. L series gear is so expensive, and like most things you do get what you pay for, OP is on a budget is my point.

PS it is straight, the beach has a curve in it ;)

Rob.. what was the shutter speed on that one?

47mm f/5.6 2 seconds, ISO 100. Tried various shutter speeds, that one in particualr gave me the effect I was after.

:thumbup:

Gossh... all these times I went to Monterey Bay area, I didnt have a DSLR! Now that I have triplet babies, I have DSLR! I love that shot Rob.

Most reactions

Back