Totally newbie need your help

tj30

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dear Friends,

I start my first photography a few months ago. In that moment I only thought about how to keep my sweet experiences in the form of photos. Now I'm realize that photography become what I'm interest in, but I'm still confuse about some things :
1. Is it true that digital camera with 7 Mega Pixel can produce good result in newbies side of view?
2. Why in some occasions my photos become blur?
3. In my camera have ISO option, and in Camera's Manual Book only provide information ISO mode: shoot images without flash. What is the really differentiation between Auto and ISO mode?

I really hope someone can help me, Thank you in advance.

Hi TJ

Welcome to the forum, 7mp will produce decent photographs, blurred photos are usually to do with camera shake, increase your shutter speed to 1/60 or higher and try to hold your camera still as you press the shutter and finally, if you can alter the iso, (100, 200, 400, 800,1600,3200) in poor light use the higher numbers, this gives you a faster shutter speed and will help stop the blurred photos as well. H

A good way to start to understand this is to read up on wikipedia about Exposures. That should link you to ISO, shutter, aperture, and how they are all interrelated.

Rule of thumb is that ISO (sensitivity) should be as low as possible given the situation because increasing it increases noise.
Aperture controls the depth of field in your photos and how much light passes through the lens.
And shutter speed how long light is is allowed to hit the lens.

To fix blur you need to take shutter speed up or us a tripod to steady the camera. But you can't increase the shutter speed without adjusting either the ISO or the aperture without changing how bright the final outcome will be.

Understanding these relationship is the fundamental first step that gives you some degree of control over how you photograph rather than just clicking the button and hoping for the best.

Yes, you can take great photos with a 7 Mpx camera. Photography is like anything else, You can do excellent work If you understand your tools and don't exceed their limitations.

As stated you first have to cover the basics to do this. As you will also find, a Point and Shoot camera can take some great photos but there are not nearly as many in it as a DSLR because of the limitations inherent in the P&S.

Now, having said that, Auto mode will control the aperture and shutter speed to try to get the exposure needed for that particular shot correct.
ISO is a baseline speed, or multiplier, at which the aperture and shutter speed start from.

For instance at ISO 100, if f4 and 1/125th seconds equaled 5 kilos of light then f4 and 1/125 at ISO 200 would equal 10 kilos of light. Not kilos of course but a measure of light still.

Auto mode doesn't care about blur so if you can go to manual mode you can impose your caring on the camera and increase the speed to catch the shot without blur and decrease the aperture to keep the amount of light correct.

Hope This Helps

mike

Most reactions

Back