Totally shocked how good my 24-70mm 2.8G is after Nikon Spa

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
About 2 months ago I had my Nikon 24-70mm 2.8G going for some well deserved service with Nikon.
I bought it used from a Nikon guy I knew who sold off all his Nikon stuff as he needed the money for his studies.
Lens was in a very nice condition even though it was well used, I continued to use it both in everyday life and my weddings photography.
Slowly I started to hear like grinding noises from lens internals and it would feel harder to turn the zoom if I used it a lot on long event shoots.
So while the lens was still very good and usable I felt it need and deserve a bearing replacement and just a nice tune up.
Left it with Nikon and 2 weeks later and 400$ I got the lens back, I didn't really had the chance to seriously test it until this weekend when I shot a full day wedding.
So first Nikon replaced all the rubbers and I think outside plastic cover as it feels totally new and tight while before there was some movement, nothing serious but now it feels and looks brand new.

Working on my RAW files I get to inspect and see my babies performance compared to pre spa and results are really impressive, first pictures are simply noticeable sharper, its not that it was bad before but now its simply better, I think its mainly because it locks focus more accurately and also lens feels sharper but mainly focus AF is working better.

Yeap I'm a happy camper, it wasn't cheap but Nikon simply proved yet again their customer service is simply amazing and I couldn't be happier, new VR model ? Pahhh not for me, just like Madona in the 80's "I'm keeping my baby" hopefully for a long time to come :)

What's Nikon SPA? I never heard of it.

$400? That isn't too bad honestly, especially when the 24-70 2.8 is what? Nearly $2,000 new? Cheaper than buying a new or used one!!

Your 24-70 now should last you for many more years!

That lens is built to last for heavy duty work. Good deal, good deal. :applouse:

What's Nikon SPA? I never heard of it.

$400? That isn't too bad honestly, especially when the 24-70 2.8 is what? Nearly $2,000 new? Cheaper than buying a new or used one!!

Your 24-70 now should last you for many more years!
Nikon Spa is simply my silly way of saying Nikon Service :)

That lens is built to last for heavy duty work. Good deal, good deal. :applouse:
Yes its build like a tank and now it feels brand spanking new and sure works like one too.

BTW 400S is Canadian so USD is like 320$ tax included

I agree with you about the new VR version. I don't need it. I'm good with my current 24-70. It's Purdy!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back