Tour de France - Prologue - 07.07.07 (56k Warning)

MG TF 135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Was really excited to go up to London and watch the Prologue to this years Le Tour. As well as soaking up the atmosphere at one of the worlds bigget sporting events it also gave me a chance to expand my photography skills. I had never tried panning shots before and was a touch nevous about getting home with nothing!

The crowds were amazing, top marks to everyone who turned out, and on the anniversary of the 2005 bombings it was a fantastic way to show what being British is all about.

Anyway, here is my pick of 3 memory cards!!

IMG_4941resize.jpg

IMG_4855editresize.jpg

209FrancisoVentosoresize.jpg

AIMG_5097editresize.jpg

AIMG_4997editresize.jpg

AIMG_5157editresize.jpg

AIMG_5318editresize.jpg

216RobertHunter2resize.jpg

AIMG_5271editresize.jpg

AIMG_5217editresize.jpg

Thanks for looking, there were so many it was hard to pick this selection. Comments and Critique ALWAYS WELCOMED

Very nice, wish I was there. I am surprised that the photos shot at 1/100 came out as sharp as they did, was this intentional to blur the spectators?

Great panning shots! Might be worth linking some of them so that they show in here as people are a bit lazy when it comes to clicking links

I guess due to the set up the course here, you weren't able to cross the road/track, but it might have been nice to see someone cycling in the opposite direction just for varieties sake. The focus isn't quite sharp on some of the photos, but that's quite difficult when the subject is moving fast and you are panning into the bargain. Not a bad effort though for a first attempt.

Excellent. The panning was very well done. :thumbup:

I especially like the shots where you can clearly see the strain in the faces (I know...I ride too, but not quite this fast)

Great panning. I can't even successfully pan my children running, :lol:, much less cyclists.

I'm jealous. For first time panning shots, these are amazing.

I am a cyclist also and I think these look great. I'd love to have a pic of me like any of those. Great job!

Very nice, wish I was there. I am surprised that the photos shot at 1/100 came out as sharp as they did, was this intentional to blur the spectators?

Trying a slower shutter speed was intentional to try and get a sense of speed, i did take a lot with faster shutters too as a back up. i had visions of me coming home with nothing!

I guess due to the set up the course here, you weren't able to cross the road/track, but it might have been nice to see someone cycling in the opposite direction just for varieties sake. The focus isn't quite sharp on some of the photos, but that's quite difficult when the subject is moving fast and you are panning into the bargain. Not a bad effort though for a first attempt.

We got to this view point about 3 hours before the racing started, the nearest crossing point was about 25 mins walk away and then i would have had a nightmare trying to slide to the front of the crowds again. So i decided to just sit tight. As for the panning, i'm pleased, i came away with better results than i thought i would..

I am a cyclist also and I think these look great. I'd love to have a pic of me like any of those. Great job!

Thanks, thats great to hear..

Most reactions

Back