Tour de France

MuffinPrincess

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Me and my boyfriend were on the Champs Elysee for the final stage of the Tour de France this year. I'm very new to photography so these are first attemps, I think we did not too badly actually, although feel free to tell me otherwise! These pictures involved 7 hours of standing around beforehand to get a good view!

Ignore the "Pete Lorence" all over it, my bloke put his name on ALL of our pics to stop people stealing them, but these ones ARE my own! :)

SLA6.jpg

Lance Armstrong in yellow, who won the Tour for the 6th time this year. Could do with some cropping I think, the policeman spoils it, but it's hard to get it framed correctly when they're going over 30mph 6 feet away from you!

SLA1.jpg

I quite like this one, but there's something not quite right about it, I can't quite put my finger on it...

SLA5.jpg

This one shows the speed, but why is it all grey??

Comments please! :D

Canon Eos 50E
28-80 Tamron
70-300 Canon USM
400mm Sigma

Needless to say, we DO need more kit, but we're both very poor at the moment and are saving up for some nice pieces of glass, hopefully a couple of L IS series! (He's going to use his student overdraft!) We have either an Eos 33, Eos 5 or Eos 1 in the pipeline; what would you suggest? :)

muffin,

these pics are good, but i wanna throw up everytime i see someone plaster their name all across the picture. its extremely distracting. but nice capture of motion there!

md

I know :( I do want to put the un-doctored ones up there but the only versions I have are HUGE and I have NO CLUE when it comes to computers and haven't the foggiest idea how to shrink them.

Thanks for the compliments :)

For the second one, I wonder how it would look if you cropped off most of the tree foliage from the top and also cropped the left to lose the banner w/ frame?

For the second one, I wonder how it would look if you cropped off most of the tree foliage from the top and also cropped the left to lose the banner w/ frame?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back