Tourist or Object Removal

Thats my try to wipe out tourist :mrgreen:

touristedited.jpg

Last edited:
Can I have a copy of the actual picture w/ that person out?

Have?? Did you see that layer stack? Sorry, I'm a nice guy, but I'm not crazy.

Why not? What is so wrong with giving away (as opposed to selling) 30 minutes of your life to a fellow photographer?:meh: I wouldn't call that crazy, I would call that a nice gesture.

Can I have a copy of the actual picture w/ that person out?

Why not? What is so wrong with giving away (as opposed to selling) 30 minutes of your life to a fellow photographer?:meh: I wouldn't call that crazy, I would call that a nice gesture.

No offense intended. It's just that I do retouching commercially. If you were a commercial photographer, you might understand. I would not ask a commercial photographer to just give me his time and skills, and call it a "nice gesture." This is the first time in a very long time that anyone has asked me to simply give them the product of my work. (I do pro bono work, but generally in cases where there's some special consideration like a death of a family member. You might be surprised at how many jobs just like yours come to me by email, sent by people perfectly willing to pay me to fix pictures that are important to them.)

Last edited:
No offense intended. It's just that I do retouching commercially. If you were a commercial photographer, you might understand. I would not ask a commercial photographer to just give me his time and skills, and call it a "nice gesture." This is the first time in a very long time that anyone has asked me to simply give them the product of my work. (I do pro bono work, but generally in cases where there's some special consideration like a death of a family member. You might be surprised at how many jobs just like yours come to me by email, sent by people perfectly willing to pay me to fix pictures that are important to them.)

I understand better now. I thought were a hobbyist with very good Photoshop skills and that you were trying to make a few bucks form another TPF member, who did not actually ask for the picture to be retouched but for advice on how to do it. Apologies if I offended you with my comments.

I understand better now. I thought were a hobbyist with very good Photoshop skills and that you were trying to make a few bucks form another TPF member, who did not actually ask for the picture to be retouched but for advice on how to do it. Apologies if I offended you with my comments.

No offense taken. A 2-second glance at my website would have told you I do commercial retouching. So I was just a little taken aback by your suggestion that I should be perfectly willing to give my work away to anyone who asks for it.

In fact I give quite a bit of my time helping others learn to do what I do . I have no "trade secrets" and will show others how I retouched any image, as you can see from the samples linked to below. But I draw that line at doing the work for them.

Fixing sun flare
http://www.radiantpics.com/sunfix.pdf

Relighting a family portrait with s/h and hue/sat
Re: Ok. Now I need your help, please: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Selection using Quick Select and Quick Mask
Photoshop: how to select a irregular object? - Canon Digital Photography Forums

Layer mask – basic principle
NikonCafe.com

Skin smoothing tutorial (see page 10):
http://www.radiantpics.com/skin.pdf

About contrast:
A little about contrast: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Blurring a background:
Re: Would you like to play with this couple??: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Clone out a background shadow:
How to fix the shadows: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Copy/paste instead of cloning:
Re: Can this photo be saved?: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Building a basic edge mask for sharpening:
Re: Look deep into her Eyes...: Canon EOS 50D - 10D Forum: Digital Photography Review

Turn gray hair to black:
Re: how would you change white hair to black: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Using a hue/sat adjustment layer to build a mask:
NikonCafe.com

Painting instead of cloning:
Re: Best cloning method?: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Brighten skin tones with soft light:
Re: Am I close?: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Fixing a blown sky with selective color:
NikonCafe.com

Fixing blown highlights on skin
A two-layer fix: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Day-to-night tutorials:
Day to night - a mini tut for beginners on up [Page 1]: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review
Day to night 2: mini tut for beginners [Page 1]: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Links to various eye tutorials here:
Re: Here's one: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Fixing moiré with noise reduction:
NikonCafe.com

Making a high-key sketch:
Re: I have been trying for hours...: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Thanks for showing us your capability and your work. My intent wasn't to use your commercialized skills or anything. I just asked if it can be done w/out layering. I really appreciate the response and the support in this community and since you took the time to demonstrate your work, I just figured you did it already, so I asked... I never imagined you'd take it as far as a death of a family member before you share your work. Since that's the case, and it's just outrageous or crazy, then I respect your decisions and I must apologize for asking, or even posting a question like this.

Thanks for everyone's support! :thumbup:

I never imagined you'd take it as far as a death of a family member before you share your work.

If you check the links I posted, you'll see that I have shared my work and my knowledge pretty generously. I'm glad to help others who are trying to learn and improve their Photoshop skills. If you want to learn, I'll be glad to help you. But I won't just do the work for you.

I never imagined you'd take it as far as a death of a family member before you share your work.

If you check the links I posted, you'll see that I have shared my work and my knowledge pretty generously. I'm glad to help others who are trying to learn and improve their Photoshop skills. If you want to learn, I'll be glad to help you. But I won't just do the work for you.

I didn't intend for you to do the work for me...:sexywink:. Thanks for showing your work.

I didn't intend for you to do the work for me...:sexywink:. Thanks for showing your work.

I'm not going to play semantics games with you, silguy.

Wow, Peano, thanks!!! Can I have a copy of the actual picture w/ that person out?

here is my attempt, im pretty proud of it

editafi.jpg

i have the .tif if you would like learning rights to the edit (free learning rights)

Last edited:
i have the .tif if you would like learning rights to the edit (free learning rights)

Speaking of learning rights, if you check the tutorials I posted earlier, you'll find one that shows how to blur the background without leaving halos like this.

haloh.jpg

blur2.gif

Last edited:
i know how to remove it... not hard, it was only a quicki job
after all he only asked how to get rid of the tourist, not to make a perfect image, so i focused on the brief

i know how to remove it... not hard, it was only a quicki job
after all he only asked how to get rid of the tourist, not to make a perfect image, so i focused on the brief

Much better to prevent the halo from occurring in the first place than to try to remove it afterward. On some images, blurring halos can't be convincingly removed at all.

here is my attempt, im pretty proud of it
have the .tif if you would like learning rights to the edit (free learning rights)

Learning 'RIGHTS'? ... for one image? ... so many rools in this world :angel:

don't you think that sometimes we are too much sentimental ... ;)

Most reactions

Back