instigator of pottymouthedness
Reaction score
Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
Toys from my childhood

viewmaster3.JPG

dolltoes.JPG

hollyhobbydeadly.JPG

Hey, I thought this was a family site...that last one looks like an un-skirt shot. :wink: :roll:

fabo shots mandapants!

I really really like that first.. I would have never thought of that. That shot looks really cool. :) :thumbsup:

ya know, you have such a distinct style, i bet i could pick your photos out of a group of others without being told which were yours....

once again, the way you use lines really does it for me. and your composition is always flavored with the symbolic. each of these shots has a specific message/concept....no(?)

Thanks guys.
Sorry if this is long winded...

Toby, i shot these with the theme in mind. Once again this Blogger idol meme Ive been participating in inspired me. The theme was Childhood Treasures and I went and found things that meant a lot to me as a child. The viewmaster kept me busy for hours on end as a kid.
Yes I prefer my shots to have a message or tell a story. I wanted to show the story and magic I was getting from the viewmaster, the toy itself is irrelevant.
The doll foot is the one doll that I adored as a child. She was a ballerina who could spin and do a pirouette, she was a doll that I loved so much, yet here she is now, dirty, neglected and left to fend for herself in a pile of other toys. It made me feel guilty. I know Im weird.
The doll that some took as being a bit naughty was more actually morbid. I called her Holly Hobby Dead on my site...again with the disregard of our childhood.

Childhood is something we love to reminisce about yet these symbolise how I tossed it aside carelessly, as we all do. Adults need to remember their childlike side more often and remember whats its like to play, before tossing it aside so carelessly.

bet you relaly didnt want that big long explanation!

bet you relaly didnt want that big long explanation!

in fact, it's exactly what i wanted. thank you for sharing so deeply :sillysmi:

p.s. i did not read your blog before my above comment, so your pictures really do convey what you want them to convey...

manda said:
The doll that some took as being a bit naughty was more actually morbid. I called her Holly Hobby Dead on my site...again with the disregard of our childhood.
I saw that there earlier. I have to say the title made me laugh, but my sense of hurmor isn't exactly normal. I enjoyed that series quite a bit.

Manda, I can't believe how many toys from my childhood I remember fondly. Unfortunately, I'm usually thinking "I wonder what happened to...". And now so many things are coming back. It's really quite interesting to watch.

Most reactions

Back