TPF Across America: The Journey of One Lens Across the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooo, I wasnt being serious about that. I meant to say "you win" as in, those are awesome photos, but I seemingly forgot to say any of that and said that. I didnt mean you or your photos won any type of competition..per se. Just that those photos are winners in themselves.

Hope that cleared something up.
Mark

Nooo, I wasnt being serious about that. I meant to say "you win" as in, those are awesome photos, but I seemingly forgot to say any of that and said that. I didnt mean you or your photos won any type of competition..per se. Just that those photos are winners in themselves.

Hope that cleared something up.
Mark

No I understood what you meant the first time. I just meant that it isnt a competition. My photos are no better than yours. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit: Anyway the lens was shipped today to the next person.

Wow, good stuff so far. Sucks being last on the list... can't wait!

A very good showing Ajkramer! I really liked the one Gettysburg sunset shot,and also the mayfly shot done with the old,ancient M2 Nikon extension tube!

Wow, this is so cool. I'm not quite up to participating but looking forward to seeing everyone's photos. This place rocks!

I received the lens yesterday, its awesome! One problem, I can't get the aperture ring to lock on any setting other than f/22....I've tried everything. No DOF photos for me:(

You change it on the camera. When using the extension tube just select which aperture you want on the lens. You dont need to lock it in unless its just the lens on camera.

it is just the lens on the camera. I can't see a thing through it with the extension tube connected.

it is just the lens on the camera. I can't see a thing through it with the extension tube connected.

Ok so just leave it locked at f/22. Mount on camera and you can change the aperture via camera.

The extension tube allows you do some macro work. So you have to be really close to your subject to allow it to work. Wont auto focus so you just move the camera in and out to get focus.

Thanks. :)
Hopefully we'll be seeing some photos from the current holder soon! :waiting: :mrgreen:

Mark

Hey guys, I'll have a couple of pics up soon, as well as ship the lens tomorrow! Unfortunately, I'll only have 1 or 2 pics to post, my camera starting having a shutter issue, and I've sent it off for repair at Nikon:( What a bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back