TPF Con 2005! Joshua Tree National Park

Do you plan on attending?

• Total voters
Yeah...the financial situation is really the only thing holding me back now, cuz I do really want to go. I know I can do it fairly cheap, but due to my boss cutting back my hours all last year (hence the reason I obtained a 3rd job 3 mos ago) I got pretty far behind in a lot of my bills. I'm caught up on pretty much all of them 'cept for my rent, which is the biggest. And unfortunatly, my boyfriend has a good point when he says he doesn't think I should do anything like this until I have my debts paid. I'm saving my money though, the best I can. So...maybe I can do it.

My husband is totally into it. :D

So, you know, if I'm gainfully employed we'll probably be there. He has a fellow wine-geek buddy in LA, too, so it's a virtual slam-dunk, if we can get the finances squared away. :roll:

Bah! Money!! I ask again: why couldn't we all have been born rich instead of so talented? :wink:

terri said:
My husband is totally into it. :D

So, you know, if I'm gainfully employed we'll probably be there. He has a fellow wine-geek buddy in LA, too, so it's a virtual slam-dunk, if we can get the finances squared away. :roll:

Bah! Money!! I ask again: why couldn't we all have been born rich instead of so talented? :wink:

I hear ya. I do believe that after much arm twisting from several members who shall remain nameless that I along with my new roomate Hobbes will be attending, if as with the rest of you the money falls into place.

Can we get a poll of yes, no and maybe's? Its beginning to sound like Chase and I need to plan out some larger transportation options. Also, a poll of campers vs hotel dwellers so we can reserve enough accomodations. Puuuleeeeaaase!

Definite maybe for Aubrey and Alison and we would camp.

Ok, I put up a basic poll that should at least give us an idea of how many people plan on going, including those that aren't sure yet.

Hopefully it will help a little bit.

voodoocat said:
Well research all you want.. but when you're ready come to me... i will find you the best fare... ;)

Hey, does that stand for me as well? I can fly out of either Boston (Logan) or Manchester NH, which ever is cheaper.

I'll be there. I'm driving myself and camping out. Wonder if we'll have enough people to justify reserving camp sites if possible?

binfordtools said:
I'm in,I'll be the short fat dude hanging out with the dinosaur in BANNING,our hanging on the back of photogoddess RV :wink:
Banning! ACK! :shock:

Sorry, we broke down in Banning earlier this year on our way to Fontana and spent 14 lovely hours in the parking lot of Auto Zone. Definitely in the top 3 of the worst trips I've ever had when it became apparent we had to stand guard to protect our stuff. But thanks to a recall notice in the mail the following day, Dodge paid for our whole stay in Banning :cheer:

There's a dinosaur in Banning?

Banning and Fontana is like going to Disneyland.In North Long Beach when you let your dog out to do his or her busness you stand guard.And you do not go out at night. 8)

Jeff Canes said:
I’m think about going, but I don’t camp!

My RV is full but I'm thinking that maybe we should get a motel room for people that don't want to camp and for showers. Any others interested in this option?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back